iphone/imovie aspect ratio trouble

  • Lisa Rein
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1 3:31 PM
      Hey guys :-)

      I was wondering if there was a quick solution to importing iphone movies
      into imovie for editing. (How to do it without a funcky aspect ratio)

      thanks!

      lisa
    • Adrian Miles
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1 6:19 PM
        don't have answer but experience in the past was that you coud work in
        iMovie with weirdness and then export it out at end with correct aspect
        ratio and all was good. ymmv.

        an appropriate closing
        Adrian Miles
        School of Media and Communication
        Program Director B.Comm Honours
        vogmae.net.au

        On 2 July 2010 08:31, Lisa Rein <lisa@...> wrote:

        > I was wondering if there was a quick solution to importing iphone movies
        > into imovie for editing. (How to do it without a funcky aspect ratio)

      • calebjc
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2 7:35 AM
          Ah, one track, good find! Definitely rough journalistic field reporting if you've only got a phone and not much time. Still, an amazing breakthrough considering 10 years ago in digital video to now.

          The Droid X may be good too if someone makes an Android Editor, it's screen is a little bigger I think.

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Garfield" <steve@...> wrote:

          > In the comment thread, they talk about doing audio:
          >
          > "But we recorded on the iPhone in a closed/parked car. Then exported the video, extracted the audio, mixed it with our composer's score, and then reimported to the iPhone using iTunes so we could accomodate the iMovie apps one audio track limitation ..."
          >
          > One track audio in iPhone iMovie.

        • Rupert Howe
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2 2:08 PM
            I agree - exciting times. Single device shooting, cutting and posting
            has excited me for years, and we're finally getting to do it with some
            stunning picture quality.

            I just wrote a blog post with sample HD video from the soon-to-be-
            released Nokia N8 and a video overview of its built in editing app:
            http://chapterplay.tv/

            Rupert