Jammed Mini DV Sony cassette door

  • John Coffey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
      I'm hoping there's a quick fix for my 2001 Sony MiniDV cam as I'm on vacation and the cassette door is jammed open. The screen is flashing C:31:01 so I'm hoping not to travel home with the camera door open. Everything else works fine on it. It's served me well but it's not the time to crap out.
      Thanks
      John
    • Joly MacFie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
        Disconnect the battery and power off for 10 mins. It might reset.

        On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 7:26 AM, John Coffey <jimmycrackhead2000@...>wrote:

        > I'm hoping there's a quick fix for my 2001 Sony MiniDV cam as I'm on
        > vacation and the cassette door is jammed open. The screen is flashing
        > C:31:01 so I'm hoping not to travel home with the camera door open.
        > Everything else works fine on it. It's served me well but it's not the time
        > to crap out.
        > Thanks
        > John

      • John Coffey
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
          Thanks Jolie but no luck. Everything works on camera except cassette door is stuck open. Will take apart when I get home from vacation.JC