Re: Fwd: MetaChannels.com

  • compumavengal
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2010
      Here's the thing in the About page they state that they are going to snag your RSS/Content anyway:

      http://metachannels.com/meta_channels/overview

      "Our crawlers scour the Web 24/7, hunting for great episodic video content that's published in public video podcasts and video RSS feeds. Our show index now includes over 200,000 shows and millions of episodes. We select just the best ones to include in MetaChannels' data services."

      If they like your show they contact you and offer to cut you in on using your content? The questions abound like do I have any say in who gets to display my work?

      I have music content in some of my videos that do not allow for commercial re-use. Will they respect that and leave my RSS feed alone?

      I looked at their directory of shows. I'm thinking KQED and the Smithsonian may not know that they are included in MetaChannels syndication process.

      Maybe they do. In any case, why would a content buyer pay for free content to be displayed on a business web site?

      Skeptical and proud of it,

      Gena