Re: [videoblogging] iTunes podcasting - what sucks, what blows?

  • Mark VillaseƱor
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 21, 2010
      Rupert Howe: "I know I have a lot of subscribers who watch via iTunes, but I
      suspect they hardly ever comment & rarely visit the site..."

      Hi Rupert:
      I've suspected what you've touched on for some time, which has been
      confirmed to some degree by one of our tech guys. Still, for us, the issue
      is speculative since we haven't launched yet -- so please take the latter
      into consideration. That said; here is how we intend to handle the
      iTunes/PDA issue.

      We are producing a series of three (3) minute and under "tip-clips" per se,
      focusing on unique content others (within our market) aren't providing.
      These are essentially mini-trailers featuring a RESULT, but not the HOW-TO
      info. If a viewer desires the HOW detail, they are encouraged to visit our
      site (via a visual URL) to gain access to a FREE training course (unique to
      our area of expertise); delivered by way of SUBSCRIPTION-base.

      The tip-clips aren't intended to generate revenue, but rather stir interest
      and drive traffic back to a destination point (URL/landing page at our
      website). These will also be crafted with iTunes and PDA delivery in mind,
      leaving our full length content to generate some bucks.

      Giving (value) before getting is a strategy that's always worked well for
      me, so we shall see how it applies to video. Although human nature doesn't
      suddenly change by watching a moving image, so I suspect this method can be
      used by most visual providers to drive traffic.

      Just a thought, hope this helps. ;)

      Mark VillaseƱor,
      http://www.TailTrex.tv
      Canine Adventures For Charity - sm