Re: Multimedia

  • ratbagradio
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3 12:25 AM
      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "elbowsofdeath" <steve@...> wrote:

      > Are all the various ways that people can share different media on the web providing a good foundation and all we need is a nicer way of presenting and interacting with this stuff? I still daydream about better ways to mix microblogging, photos, video & music & conversations together on the web, but actual concrete ideas about how to do this seem to evade me.

      Dream on! That's the quest. Since I ain't code proficient I'm not about to redesign the web but it's the mix that matters -- and how to DISPLAY the mix.

      In my daily blog existence I post a lot of audio

      ---now using this cute flash generator
      http://flash-mp3-player.net/players/maxi/generator/

      I post slideshows either as powerpoint
      ---using slideshare
      http://www.slideshare.net/

      ---or as image slideshows (when I use Picasa slideshow tool)
      http://www.tools4noobs.com/picasa/

      or as pdf presentations, using Sribd
      http://www.scribd.com/

      and videos of course from all over...

      but to pull it together I've tried networking video
      http://videoactiv.blogspot.com/
      and audio
      http://leftclickblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/audio.html
      into channel aggregates.

      But ultimately I tend to believe it's not the site per see that matters but the RSS feed. Thats' where the magic happens.

      I think thats' the key direction that will over time likely bear the best fruit. It's so easy to mix and match feeds rather than websites.

      dave riley