Re: YouTube link to blog to be retired

  • neophoto3000
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2010
      > It always pays to add a link to your blog INSIDE the video itself.

      Forgive what I assume to be an idiotic question, but how exactly do you do that?

      Chris
    • David Jones
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2010
        On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 1:26 AM, neophoto3000 <cjburdick@...> wrote:

        > > It always pays to add a link to your blog INSIDE the video itself.
        >
        > Forgive what I assume to be an idiotic question, but how exactly do you do that?

        You just add an overlay title using your video edit software. Most
        people put it in the intro or ending credits etc.
        If you want to do it the low-tech way, stick a sign in the background
        when you shoot your video!

        Dave.
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2010
          > You just add an overlay title using your video edit software. Most
          > people put it in the intro or ending credits etc.
          > If you want to do it the low-tech way, stick a sign in the background
          > when you shoot your video!

          Exactly. Youtube also lets you create "hot links" that click through
          to other Youtube URL's which is cool. Unfortunately, you cant add
          links outside Youtube (assume its to avoid spam). There's ways to add
          this hotlinks with other software but it hasnt ever caught on.

          http://ryanishungry.com
          http://momentshowing.net
          http://twitter.com/jaydedman
          917 371 6790
        • neophoto3000
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6, 2010
            Okay, yeah, thanks. I was thinking you meant a hot link earlier, as opposed to just a printed url.

            I knew about YouTube's domain-restricted hot links and was foolishly hoping for some hidden workaround allowing viewers to click to non-YouTube destinations...

            Chris