Re: [videoblogging] Helmet Hero Wide questions

  • Lisa Rein
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
      great info kevin, thanks :)

      So it's actually is a fisheye? and not just a wide angle? That's what my
      friend wuz tryin to tell me hehe...

      so you're recommendation is to just get the HD version? or do you know if
      there's any way to get more out of the SD?

      thanks!!

      lisa

      Lisa Rein

      http://onlisareinsradar.com
      http://www.lisarein.com
    • Kevin Lim
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
        Lisa,
        To be fair, I think it's more of a really-wide-angle than fisheye. From
        what I've read, the difference is that fisheye produce a distinct
        hemispherical distortion. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisheye_lens.

        The GoPro Hero Camera seems to be quite wide, but before the distortion gets
        as pronounced as a typical fisheye.

        --
        Kevin Lim
        Cyberculturalist