YouTube link to blog to be retired

  • Chad Boeninger
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2010
      http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?&answer=178162

      I never used this feature in YouTube, but I use the automatic cross posting
      to my blogs from Blip.TV all the time. I guess this is one more reason I'll
      keep Blip.TV as my primary means of video distribution.

      --Chad

      --
      Chad F. Boeninger
      libraryvoice.com - blog

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2010
        > http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?&answer=178162
        > I never used this feature in YouTube, but I use the automatic cross
        posting
        > to my blogs from Blip.TV all the time. I guess this is one more reason
        I'll
        > keep Blip.TV as my primary means of video distribution.

        This is weird:

        We will soon be retiring the ability to add and link to a blog from your
        > YouTube Account. Even though "Link to a blog" will soon be retired, you
        > still have other options to share your YouTube Activity with external sites.
        > You can:
        >
        > * Embed a video / playlist in a blog or webpage. (Learn more here)
        > * You can AutoShare your YouTube activity to Facebook, Twitter, and
        > Google Reader. (Learn more here)

        It always pays to add a link to your blog INSIDE the video itself.

      • neophoto3000
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2010
          > It always pays to add a link to your blog INSIDE the video itself.

          Forgive what I assume to be an idiotic question, but how exactly do you do that?

          Chris
        • David Jones
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 5, 2010
            On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 1:26 AM, neophoto3000 <cjburdick@...> wrote:

            > > It always pays to add a link to your blog INSIDE the video itself.
            >
            > Forgive what I assume to be an idiotic question, but how exactly do you do that?

            You just add an overlay title using your video edit software. Most
            people put it in the intro or ending credits etc.
            If you want to do it the low-tech way, stick a sign in the background
            when you shoot your video!

            Dave.
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 5, 2010
              > You just add an overlay title using your video edit software. Most
              > people put it in the intro or ending credits etc.
              > If you want to do it the low-tech way, stick a sign in the background
              > when you shoot your video!

              Exactly. Youtube also lets you create "hot links" that click through
              to other Youtube URL's which is cool. Unfortunately, you cant add
              links outside Youtube (assume its to avoid spam). There's ways to add
              this hotlinks with other software but it hasnt ever caught on.

              http://ryanishungry.com
              http://momentshowing.net
              http://twitter.com/jaydedman
              917 371 6790
            • neophoto3000
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 6, 2010
                Okay, yeah, thanks. I was thinking you meant a hot link earlier, as opposed to just a printed url.

                I knew about YouTube's domain-restricted hot links and was foolishly hoping for some hidden workaround allowing viewers to click to non-YouTube destinations...

                Chris