Re: video editing software for news type podcast

  • greg
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7, 2010
      Regarding VideoCue: Do yourself a big favor and thoroughly investigate
      before you'd purchase this program. The demo is a little
      misleading.... Rather leads you to believe it can do some things that
      it can't, ie) the TelePrompter: great idea, poorly implemented. You
      can't easily edit your text as you go along, nor stop in the middle
      and resume shooting. It's more of a "toy" for very short shoots... And
      that's really disappointing, 'cause it COULD be so much more!
      I also bought Wirecast from the same developers.... for hosting live
      streams... 5 times the price and a lot more sophisticated, yet still
      leaves you wanting more.
      If anybody knows of a more serious alternative to VideoCue, a
      teleprompter program that you can actually record into, and which
      allows for switching between multiple camera angles and inserting
      QuickTime movies... Please let me know! Cheers, Greg
    • montecristo830
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8, 2010
        Thanks for your replies everyone! I forgot to say that I have a Mac and currently use iMovie but would like the picture in picture and a backdrop.

        ~Dina