Re: [videoblogging] video editing software for news type podcast

  • Joly MacFie
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2010
      If you are on PC you can use vegas - 'track motion' easily does the
      picture in picture stuff.

      Green screen compositing is pretty easy too.

      Scrolling text not so much so.

      But I now The Onion use it for their stuff.

      On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 10:56 PM, Kevin Lim <brainopera@...> wrote:
      > Hello Dina,
      >   You might want to try out BoinxTV for Mac. It starts at $199 for a
      > sponsored edition, which is what I got: http://www.boinx.com/boinxtv/
      >
      > My performance artist friend Chris Barr used it for his pseudo news network
      > show at an art gallery: http://www.everyonethatweknow.com
      >
      > --
      > Kevin Lim
      > Cyberculturalist
      > http://theory.isthereason.com // @brainopera
      > This email is:   [ ] bloggable    [X] ask first   [ ] private
      >

      > On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Dina P. <montecristo830@...> wrote:
      >

      >> Hi videobloggers,
      >>
      >> Can anyone recommend video editing software for a news bulletin style
      >> show?  Something that can put in a backdrop and have upper corner pictures
      >> added in, all that newsy stuff?  Any input would be appreciated.
      >>
      >> Thank you,
      >>
      >> Dina Prioste
      >>
      >> Get Exercised with me at:
      >> http://getexercised.com/

      Joly MacFie 917 442 8665 Skype:punkcast
      WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
    • Wizardgold
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2010
        For the Mac there is VideoCue from Telestream.

        You can do greenscreen with it and add lower thirds really easy.
        Not only that but it works as a teleprompter also.

        I did a review of it here and there is a video I made using it.

        http://bit.ly/cc6MuD

        I also use ScreenFlow from the same company

        David Allen
        Mac20Q Podcast

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dina P." <montecristo830@...> wrote:

        > Hi videobloggers,
        >
        > Can anyone recommend video editing software for a news bulletin style show?� Something that can put in a backdrop and have upper corner pictures added in, all that newsy stuff?� Any input would be appreciated.
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Dina Prioste
        >
        > Get Exercised with me at:
        > http://getexercised.com/

      • greg
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 7, 2010
          Regarding VideoCue: Do yourself a big favor and thoroughly investigate
          before you'd purchase this program. The demo is a little
          misleading.... Rather leads you to believe it can do some things that
          it can't, ie) the TelePrompter: great idea, poorly implemented. You
          can't easily edit your text as you go along, nor stop in the middle
          and resume shooting. It's more of a "toy" for very short shoots... And
          that's really disappointing, 'cause it COULD be so much more!
          I also bought Wirecast from the same developers.... for hosting live
          streams... 5 times the price and a lot more sophisticated, yet still
          leaves you wanting more.
          If anybody knows of a more serious alternative to VideoCue, a
          teleprompter program that you can actually record into, and which
          allows for switching between multiple camera angles and inserting
          QuickTime movies... Please let me know! Cheers, Greg
        • montecristo830
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 8, 2010
            Thanks for your replies everyone! I forgot to say that I have a Mac and currently use iMovie but would like the picture in picture and a backdrop.

            ~Dina