Re: [videoblogging] video editing software for news type podcast

  • Kevin Lim
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2010
      Hello Dina,
      You might want to try out BoinxTV for Mac. It starts at $199 for a
      sponsored edition, which is what I got: http://www.boinx.com/boinxtv/

      My performance artist friend Chris Barr used it for his pseudo news network
      show at an art gallery: http://www.everyonethatweknow.com

      --
      Kevin Lim
      Cyberculturalist

      On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Dina P. <montecristo830@...> wrote:

      > Hi videobloggers,
      >
      > Can anyone recommend video editing software for a news bulletin style
      > show? Something that can put in a backdrop and have upper corner pictures
      > added in, all that newsy stuff? Any input would be appreciated.
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Dina Prioste
      >
      > Get Exercised with me at:
      > http://getexercised.com/

    • Joly MacFie
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2010
        If you are on PC you can use vegas - 'track motion' easily does the
        picture in picture stuff.

        Green screen compositing is pretty easy too.

        Scrolling text not so much so.

        But I now The Onion use it for their stuff.

        On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 10:56 PM, Kevin Lim <brainopera@...> wrote:
        > Hello Dina,
        >   You might want to try out BoinxTV for Mac. It starts at $199 for a
        > sponsored edition, which is what I got: http://www.boinx.com/boinxtv/
        >
        > My performance artist friend Chris Barr used it for his pseudo news network
        > show at an art gallery: http://www.everyonethatweknow.com
        >
        > --
        > Kevin Lim
        > Cyberculturalist
        > http://theory.isthereason.com // @brainopera
        > This email is:   [ ] bloggable    [X] ask first   [ ] private
        >

        > On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Dina P. <montecristo830@...> wrote:
        >

        >> Hi videobloggers,
        >>
        >> Can anyone recommend video editing software for a news bulletin style
        >> show?  Something that can put in a backdrop and have upper corner pictures
        >> added in, all that newsy stuff?  Any input would be appreciated.
        >>
        >> Thank you,
        >>
        >> Dina Prioste
        >>
        >> Get Exercised with me at:
        >> http://getexercised.com/

        Joly MacFie 917 442 8665 Skype:punkcast
        WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
      • Wizardgold
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2010
          For the Mac there is VideoCue from Telestream.

          You can do greenscreen with it and add lower thirds really easy.
          Not only that but it works as a teleprompter also.

          I did a review of it here and there is a video I made using it.

          http://bit.ly/cc6MuD

          I also use ScreenFlow from the same company

          David Allen
          Mac20Q Podcast

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dina P." <montecristo830@...> wrote:

          > Hi videobloggers,
          >
          > Can anyone recommend video editing software for a news bulletin style show?� Something that can put in a backdrop and have upper corner pictures added in, all that newsy stuff?� Any input would be appreciated.
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > Dina Prioste
          >
          > Get Exercised with me at:
          > http://getexercised.com/

        • greg
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 7, 2010
            Regarding VideoCue: Do yourself a big favor and thoroughly investigate
            before you'd purchase this program. The demo is a little
            misleading.... Rather leads you to believe it can do some things that
            it can't, ie) the TelePrompter: great idea, poorly implemented. You
            can't easily edit your text as you go along, nor stop in the middle
            and resume shooting. It's more of a "toy" for very short shoots... And
            that's really disappointing, 'cause it COULD be so much more!
            I also bought Wirecast from the same developers.... for hosting live
            streams... 5 times the price and a lot more sophisticated, yet still
            leaves you wanting more.
            If anybody knows of a more serious alternative to VideoCue, a
            teleprompter program that you can actually record into, and which
            allows for switching between multiple camera angles and inserting
            QuickTime movies... Please let me know! Cheers, Greg
          • montecristo830
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 8, 2010
              Thanks for your replies everyone! I forgot to say that I have a Mac and currently use iMovie but would like the picture in picture and a backdrop.

              ~Dina