Re: Mefeedia State of the Vlogosphere 2010

  • Heath
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2010
      I missed this because I was on my self impossed break, but I agree with Rupert in that the most interesting bit of information to me is the 1:15 time limit. It seems our or should I say the average comsumer of online video, like vlogs, wants the video's very short and sweet. Which was something that was preached here often. But I have noticed that for the most part it was like around the 3:00 mark that most people wanted to stay at or under. Then for a bit people would make some longer ones but now it seems we are back to about a minute.

      Which to be honest, I am not sure I really understand. I mean most people can watch an hour show no problems, watch a 3 hour movie no problem, but a "vlog", and people can't spare more than a minute or two to watch...it seems weird.

      I am not sure why it is, I mean even for me, there are only a handful of vlogs I watch on a regular basis, because I decieded a while ago, that I had to limit myself to those people I really like. Now that's not to say I don't occasionly surf and find something or someone else, but even I find myself getting antsy after a few minutes of watching...

      like I said, weird...

      Heath
      http://heathparks.com/blog