Re: [videoblogging] Mefeedia State of the Vlogosphere 2010

  • Rupert Howe
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2010
      Yes, I posted about it on 22 Jan - nobody replied. There's some good
      stuff there.

      Particularly things like that the average watch time for a short form
      video online is 1:15.

      And that YouTube is only 36% of all video tracked by Mefeedia.
      Blip and Vimeo combined are 23%.
      Which obviously leaves a quite significant 41% divided between other
      sources.

      The average vlogger syndicates to 3.6 sites.

      Playstation 3 and the Wii are the big players in video via TV at the
      moment.

      On 2 Mar 2010, at 03:50, compumavengal wrote:

      > Not sure if folks saw this or not. I searched the archives and
      > didn't see a mention. http://blog.mefeedia.com/vlog-2010
      >
      > Also mentioned at Tech Crunch
      > http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/05/mefeedia-state-of-the-vlogosphere-2010/
      >
      > Gena
      > http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com/

    • Dennis Poulette
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2010
        I remember that this was posted but got busy and didn't read it.
        Thanks for posting again.

        Dennis Poulette
        www.ymimexico.org/vlog

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Mar 2, 2010, at 1:34 AM, Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

        > Yes, I posted about it on 22 Jan - nobody replied. There's some good
        > stuff there.
        >
        > Particularly things like that the average watch time for a short form
        > video online is 1:15.
        >
        > And that YouTube is only 36% of all video tracked by Mefeedia.
        > Blip and Vimeo combined are 23%.
        > Which obviously leaves a quite significant 41% divided between other
        > sources.
        >
        > The average vlogger syndicates to 3.6 sites.
        >
        > Playstation 3 and the Wii are the big players in video via TV at the
        > moment.
        >
        > On 2 Mar 2010, at 03:50, compumavengal wrote:
        >
        >> Not sure if folks saw this or not. I searched the archives and
        >> didn't see a mention. http://blog.mefeedia.com/vlog-2010
        >>
        >> Also mentioned at Tech Crunch
        >> http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/05/mefeedia-state-of-the-vlogosphere-2010/
        >>
        >> Gena
        >> http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com/

      • Heath
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2010
          I missed this because I was on my self impossed break, but I agree with Rupert in that the most interesting bit of information to me is the 1:15 time limit. It seems our or should I say the average comsumer of online video, like vlogs, wants the video's very short and sweet. Which was something that was preached here often. But I have noticed that for the most part it was like around the 3:00 mark that most people wanted to stay at or under. Then for a bit people would make some longer ones but now it seems we are back to about a minute.

          Which to be honest, I am not sure I really understand. I mean most people can watch an hour show no problems, watch a 3 hour movie no problem, but a "vlog", and people can't spare more than a minute or two to watch...it seems weird.

          I am not sure why it is, I mean even for me, there are only a handful of vlogs I watch on a regular basis, because I decieded a while ago, that I had to limit myself to those people I really like. Now that's not to say I don't occasionly surf and find something or someone else, but even I find myself getting antsy after a few minutes of watching...

          like I said, weird...

          Heath
          http://heathparks.com/blog