Mefeedia State of the Vlogosphere 2010

  • compumavengal
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 7:50 PM
      Not sure if folks saw this or not. I searched the archives and didn't see a mention. http://blog.mefeedia.com/vlog-2010

      Also mentioned at Tech Crunch
      http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/05/mefeedia-state-of-the-vlogosphere-2010/

      Gena
      http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com/
    • Rupert Howe
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1 11:34 PM
        Yes, I posted about it on 22 Jan - nobody replied. There's some good
        stuff there.

        Particularly things like that the average watch time for a short form
        video online is 1:15.

        And that YouTube is only 36% of all video tracked by Mefeedia.
        Blip and Vimeo combined are 23%.
        Which obviously leaves a quite significant 41% divided between other
        sources.

        The average vlogger syndicates to 3.6 sites.

        Playstation 3 and the Wii are the big players in video via TV at the
        moment.

        On 2 Mar 2010, at 03:50, compumavengal wrote:

        > Not sure if folks saw this or not. I searched the archives and
        > didn't see a mention. http://blog.mefeedia.com/vlog-2010
        >
        > Also mentioned at Tech Crunch
        > http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/05/mefeedia-state-of-the-vlogosphere-2010/
        >
        > Gena
        > http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com/

      • Dennis Poulette
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2 5:10 AM
          I remember that this was posted but got busy and didn't read it.
          Thanks for posting again.

          Dennis Poulette
          www.ymimexico.org/vlog

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Mar 2, 2010, at 1:34 AM, Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

          > Yes, I posted about it on 22 Jan - nobody replied. There's some good
          > stuff there.
          >
          > Particularly things like that the average watch time for a short form
          > video online is 1:15.
          >
          > And that YouTube is only 36% of all video tracked by Mefeedia.
          > Blip and Vimeo combined are 23%.
          > Which obviously leaves a quite significant 41% divided between other
          > sources.
          >
          > The average vlogger syndicates to 3.6 sites.
          >
          > Playstation 3 and the Wii are the big players in video via TV at the
          > moment.
          >
          > On 2 Mar 2010, at 03:50, compumavengal wrote:
          >
          >> Not sure if folks saw this or not. I searched the archives and
          >> didn't see a mention. http://blog.mefeedia.com/vlog-2010
          >>
          >> Also mentioned at Tech Crunch
          >> http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/05/mefeedia-state-of-the-vlogosphere-2010/
          >>
          >> Gena
          >> http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com/

        • Heath
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2 8:04 AM
            I missed this because I was on my self impossed break, but I agree with Rupert in that the most interesting bit of information to me is the 1:15 time limit. It seems our or should I say the average comsumer of online video, like vlogs, wants the video's very short and sweet. Which was something that was preached here often. But I have noticed that for the most part it was like around the 3:00 mark that most people wanted to stay at or under. Then for a bit people would make some longer ones but now it seems we are back to about a minute.

            Which to be honest, I am not sure I really understand. I mean most people can watch an hour show no problems, watch a 3 hour movie no problem, but a "vlog", and people can't spare more than a minute or two to watch...it seems weird.

            I am not sure why it is, I mean even for me, there are only a handful of vlogs I watch on a regular basis, because I decieded a while ago, that I had to limit myself to those people I really like. Now that's not to say I don't occasionly surf and find something or someone else, but even I find myself getting antsy after a few minutes of watching...

            like I said, weird...

            Heath
            http://heathparks.com/blog