Video Pool Idea

  • pageflex2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2010
      Hello gang,

      I invite you to discuss the idea of creating an international video pool
      for filmmakers around the world.

      Here is the proposal <http://www.innomind.org/?p=722> of the idea.

      Also, you can vote for this idea on DropBox's feature voting here
      <https://www.dropbox.com/votebox/1202/video-pool-footage-repository-for-\
      filmmakers-around-the-world> . The more votes we get on this concept
      the higher chance DropBox developers will actually build it.

      Thanks!!!

      Renat Zarbailov
      Innomind.org <http://innomind.org>

    • Fabricio Zuardi
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2010
        Maybe something like PaySwarm(http://payswarm.com/) would make sense in this idea somewhere(if the author wants to charge for licensing his videos, for example).

        I think this has lots of intersections with the Public Videos project I am involved with (http://alpha.publicvideos.org) I am specially interested in the slide #3 since automatic tagging is a very hard problem to solve. My current approach has been to attack this on the crowdsource/human side and not much the algorithmic one, but both sides are important and there are plenty of useful info we can get today based purely on the frame images (such as color-related queries).

        Other similar project that we can get ideas and solutions from is Playdar (http://www.playdar.org/), that is essentially a content resolver too, which means, the files don't need to be on the web, although their info are shared between the peers (as far as I understand).

        I would rather this initiative not be attached to any particular company or product such as Dropbox, to me the Internet itself should be the "international video pool for filmmakers", so developing on top of open standards and federated solutions is the way to go IMHO

        []s
        Fabricio C Zuardi
        http://fabricio.org

        On Feb 23, 2010, at 2:04 PM, pageflex2001 wrote:

        > Hello gang,
        >
        > I invite you to discuss the idea of creating an international video pool
        > for filmmakers around the world.
        >
        > Here is the proposal <http://www.innomind.org/?p=722> of the idea.
        >
        > Also, you can vote for this idea on DropBox's feature voting here
        > <https://www.dropbox.com/votebox/1202/video-pool-footage-repository-for-\
        > filmmakers-around-the-world> . The more votes we get on this concept
        > the higher chance DropBox developers will actually build it.
        >
        > Thanks!!!
        >
        > Renat Zarbailov
        > Innomind.org <http://innomind.org>

      • Michael Sullivan