Re: [videoblogging] CNN iReports?

  • John Cardenas
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 22, 2010
      >How much did they pay you for what amount of video?

      >Jay

      really really good ... they bought the exclusive rights to use my videofootage plus 50% royalties-for life- everytime they sell my videofootage...it was the best deal I got among the other famous media agencies-that were also interested and on the phone calling me all-day-long with their offers... most of them offer you fame and trips and bla bla bla...but when it gets down to real bizz and signing contracts...they just like to get the cheapest offers for photography and videofootage ...thats it ..when your videofootage means hot news -breaking news ones you are the one to negotiate it for good or bad... media agencies around the world they do make a lot of money with our so called "i(naive)report".

      but on the other hand if you need a bit of marketing and 2 minutes fame...yeah why not...it is like "I give it to you for free in exchange for a bit of fame"...it was not my case since I was already deep & known into photovideoblogging for years...

      we need to set up a photovideofootage data bank company and sell our work -directly to the media companies around the world

      JohnDkar

      http://www.cardren.com
      http://www.youtube.com/JohnDkar
      http://www.twitwall.com/johndkarfilms