Re: [videoblogging] how many video accounts do you have

  • David Jones
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2010
      On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 2:54 AM, Chad Boeninger <cfboeninger@...> wrote:

      > So perhaps a bizarre question. How many different video hosting accounts do
      > you have, and how do you manage them?
      >
      > I have a couple of different accounts on Blip and Youtube and one on Vimeo,
      > but mostly all of my videos, (video blogging, bike rides, business research
      > tools, etc) go under two primary accounts. http://libraryvoice.blip.tv/ and
      > http://www.youtube.com/user/cfboeninger . As you can see, my two accounts
      > basically serve as a catch-all repository for all of my videos. I also have
      > another Blip account that just hosts family videos. My videos are posted on
      > 3-4 different blogs.
      >
      > I have an idea for a new show format that I would like to do that would have
      > a more consistent theme than my potpouri of current videos. Is is worth
      > creating a new account for the show, or just upload the videos to my
      > existing accounts and embed them on a destination blog page? I just wonder
      > how many people stick to a show page on Blip or Youtube, or if they
      > watch/subscribe to the shows on the destination website page/blog. Any
      > thoughts on this?

      I have roughly 40% of my audience watch and directly subscribe via my
      YouTube channel.
      These people either have no idea my blog site exists, or just couldn't
      care less, because they like the Youtube channel subscription method.
      The rest either watch the embedded YouTube clips directly on my
      wordpress blog website (eevblog.com), or they subscribe to the podcast
      via iTunes or some other RSS reader.

      You should really have the stats available on this. I get my stats
      from YouTube, Wordpress and Feedburner

      > If you look at the help pages on Blip, what I have is
      > currently not a "show" per se, but a hodge podge of videos. I'm not looking
      > to quit my day job, but the idea of having an account tied to a specific
      > show does sound appealing. However, managing multiple accounts does create
      > some problems, as your content winds up being all over the place and hard to
      > keep up with what's where. I suppose I could just use my existing accounts
      > and point people to the destination website in the video description. Any
      > advice from the pros?

      I'd go with different channels, unless you've got a very low
      percentage who watch via the Youtube channel.

      Dave.