Re: Beatmatched video-editing

  • cafn8ed_tv
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2010
      IMHO, the best way of matching the beats in PP or FCP is by using markers. Place the audio on the timeline, play it through while tapping the beat using the marker button or keyboard shortcut, then use the markers as your transition points.

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "pageflex2001" <innomind@...> wrote:

      > Is there a software or Premiere Pro plugin which gives ability to drop footage into the timeline and have the video matched to the beats of the soundtrack?
      >
      > Any help is appreciated...
      >
      > -Renat of Innomind.org

    • mgmoon
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2010
        Basically the same process, but by using a slug and splicing it up, you can replace the cutup slugs with video.
        http://tinyurl.com/ye77fmf <- link to step by step. I
        used the process when making my last Christmas video.
        I have a 2 minute video that split to match the beat. I then simply replaced the diced up slugs with clips.
        http://blip.tv/file/get/MMMMMoon-SeasonalSnippets541.mov

        Mike
        http://vlog.mikemoon.net

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "cafn8ed_tv" <cafn8ed.tv@...> wrote:

        > IMHO, the best way of matching the beats in PP or FCP is by using markers. Place the audio on the timeline, play it through while tapping the beat using the marker button or keyboard shortcut, then use the markers as your transition points.
        >
        > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "pageflex2001" <innomind@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Is there a software or Premiere Pro plugin which gives ability to drop footage into the timeline and have the video matched to the beats of the soundtrack?
        > >
        > > Any help is appreciated...
        > >
        > > -Renat of Innomind.org

      • RANDY MANN
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2010
          i know you can use after effects to do that.

          On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 7:38 AM, mgmoon <mgmoon@...> wrote:

          > Basically the same process, but by using a slug and splicing it up, you can
          > replace the cutup slugs with video.
          > http://tinyurl.com/ye77fmf <- link to step by step. I
          > used the process when making my last Christmas video.
          > I have a 2 minute video that split to match the beat. I then simply
          > replaced the diced up slugs with clips.
          > http://blip.tv/file/get/MMMMMoon-SeasonalSnippets541.mov
          >
          > Mike
          > http://vlog.mikemoon.net

          > "cafn8ed_tv" <cafn8ed.tv@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > IMHO, the best way of matching the beats in PP or FCP is by using
          > markers. Place the audio on the timeline, play it through while tapping the
          > beat using the marker button or keyboard shortcut, then use the markers as
          > your transition points.
          > >
          > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "pageflex2001" <innomind@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Is there a software or Premiere Pro plugin which gives ability to drop
          > footage into the timeline and have the video matched to the beats of the
          > soundtrack?
          > > >
          > > > Any help is appreciated...
          > > >
          > > > -Renat of Innomind.org

        • Richard (Show) Hall
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2010
            Hi Renat,

            I made a tutorial some time ago about how to use markers in Premiere
            elements to synchronize music beats with a slide show. The principal is the
            same in using video in Premiere pro with markers.

            <http://makemedia.tv/premiere_elements/slide_show.php>

            The drawback, of course, is that you have to put the markers in manually and
            recognize where the beats are - it's not automatic, so this may not be what
            your looking for, but thought I'd let you know.

            ...peace...richard

            --
            Richard (Show) Hall
            http://richardshow.org

          • pageflex2001
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 6, 2010
              Thanks everyone! But is there an automated way to do this?

              -Renat of Innomind.org