Re: [videoblogging] Low Light Xacti Camera

  • Michael Sullivan
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3 1:10 PM
      for low light, sanyo usually fails.
      however they can take decent footage in clubs/bars etc to shoot bands.
      here is an example from my HD700 that i had uploaded to facebook a while
      back:

      http://b.static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/z4HBM/hash/3krgnmig.swf?v=185821416098&ev=0

      hope link works for ya.

      sull

      On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 3:52 PM, schlomo rabinowitz <schlomo@...>wrote:

      > Hey all
      >
      > Long time no see!
      >
      > A buddy is asking about low light xacti cameras. I have gone through a
      > couple models through the years, and I wouldnt say any of them were all
      > that
      > good in low light. (he needs it for club/band shows)
      >
      > If not an xacti, do you have another little flash based cam you can
      > recommend?
      >
      > thanks in advance!
      >
      > Schlomo Rabinowitz
      > http://schlomo.tv
      > http://hatfactory.net
      > AIM:schlomochat

    • schlomo rabinowitz
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3 1:17 PM
        crazy facebook url! but it worked!

        Sent it to my buddy, thanks Sull. And the footage looks better than on my
        xacti (forget what I have as its not with me at the moment)

        Anyone else have thoughts on this? Does not have to be about sanyos
        specifically; just cheap(er) flash-based cameras.

        thanks again!

        Schlomo Rabinowitz
        http://schlomo.tv
        http://hatfactory.net
        AIM:schlomochat

        On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...>wrote:

        > for low light, sanyo usually fails.
        > however they can take decent footage in clubs/bars etc to shoot bands.
        > here is an example from my HD700 that i had uploaded to facebook a while
        > back:
        >

        > http://b.static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/z4HBM/hash/3krgnmig.swf?v=185821416098&ev=0
        >
        > hope link works for ya.
        >
        > sull
        >
        > On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 3:52 PM, schlomo rabinowitz <schlomo@...
        > >wrote:
        >

        > > Hey all
        > >
        > > Long time no see!
        > >
        > > A buddy is asking about low light xacti cameras. I have gone through a
        > > couple models through the years, and I wouldnt say any of them were all
        > > that
        > > good in low light. (he needs it for club/band shows)
        > >
        > > If not an xacti, do you have another little flash based cam you can
        > > recommend?
        > >
        > > thanks in advance!
        > >
        > > Schlomo Rabinowitz
        > > http://schlomo.tv
        > > http://hatfactory.net
        > > AIM:schlomochat

      • Joly MacFie
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3 2:59 PM
          Supposedly the Sony EXMOR CMOS chip excels in low light -
          http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/technology/technology/theme/cmos_01.html

          and it's now on some of the cheaper cams..

          http://bit.ly/95y2GF

          >> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 3:52 PM, schlomo rabinowitz <schlomo@...
          >> >wrote:
          >>

          >> > Hey all
          >> >
          >> > Long time no see!
          >> >
          >> > A buddy is asking about low light xacti cameras. I have gone through a
          >> > couple models through the years, and I wouldnt say any of them were all
          >> > that
          >> > good in low light. (he needs it for club/band shows)
          >> >
          >> > If not an xacti, do you have another little flash based cam you can
          >> > recommend?
          >> >
          >> > thanks in advance!
          >> >
          >> > Schlomo Rabinowitz
          >> > http://schlomo.tv
          >> > http://hatfactory.net
          >> > AIM:schlomochat

          Joly MacFie 917 442 8665 Skype:punkcast
          WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
        • mgmoon
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3 3:45 PM
            I've been using an Xacti HD2 for the past couple years as my main video unit. It does 'okay' in normal mode, but it has a big button, when pressed, turns on the High Sensitivity Mode. Other Xacti' I've owned didn't have that feature.
            http://blip.tv/file/get/MMMMMoon-CalledMySister216.mov
            This clip was shot in our Cabana; basically a shed in the back where we celebrate being Canadian.
            Anyhow, the Cabana in this clip is lite with a couple candles and string of LED white-blueish lights. There is not enough light to read with. I figured the lighting might be comparable to scenes your buddy would be shooting.
            Anyhow, it's an older model Xacti, has a mic-in and shoots up to HD 720p.

            Mike
            http://vlog.mikemoon.net

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, schlomo rabinowitz <schlomo@...> wrote:

            > Hey all
            >
            > Long time no see!
            >
            > A buddy is asking about low light xacti cameras. I have gone through a
            > couple models through the years, and I wouldnt say any of them were all that
            > good in low light. (he needs it for club/band shows)
            >
            > If not an xacti, do you have another little flash based cam you can
            > recommend?
            >
            > thanks in advance!
            >
            > Schlomo Rabinowitz
            > http://schlomo.tv
            > http://hatfactory.net
            > AIM:schlomochat

          • Joly MacFie
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3 5:19 PM
              That's pretty good! Presumably the sync is in on the original?