Re: [videoblogging] VlogEurope 2010 - Lisbon.

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2010
      > VlogEurope 2010 - Lisbon.
      > I've had this on my mind for some time, and now is as good a time as any to start spreading the word and getting people to find time in their schedule to make it to Portugal in November. So why VlogEurope 2010 - Lisbon?
      > Portugal is easily reachable from both sides of the Atlantic, and if I had my way the event would mix up as much of the world as possible. It's not expensive to fly here, and accommodations are reasonable by European standards.
      > What will happen? For me VlogEurope should be about what the people attending want to do, but judging from previous editions the main thing will be about having people together in a big session of vlog fun, and discovering the city. Lisbon has seen a boom of really nice hostels, and since that turned out good in Budapest, shouldn't we try something like that here? There will be lots to see after, and also to eat and drink. Trust me ;).
      > Just trying to start the conversation and get some feedback. But we're on!

      Hey Miguel...I notice no one has answered this message yet. Might be
      better to post on <vlogeurope@yahoogroups.com>. Not sure how many US
      citizens can afford to travel overseas right now. Tough financial
      times and an uncertain future. Not sure what the atmosphere is like in
      Europe.

      But I love the idea of an event in Portugal.

      http://ryanishungry.com
      http://momentshowing.net
      http://twitter.com/jaydedman
      917 371 6790
    • joel
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2010
        Hey Miguel - great to hear from you. I would love to be there and if the
        dates are set far enough out I will absolutely try to do what I can to be
        there. Best vlogeuropes thus far have been where a constant meeting space
        is available. Our vlogeurope in Budapest was great because we rented out a
        30 bed hostel. this gave us a great place to meet up and for most of a
        place to stay. I will contribute some funds to make that happen if you do
        the ground work on finding a space. Just needs to have internet and maybe a
        wall to project some videos on... best is close to where things are
        happening.

        Joel

        --
        feel the vlove!
        http://joelart.blip.tv

        > VlogEurope 2010 - Lisbon.
        > I've had this on my mind for some time, and now is as good a time as any
        to start spreading the word and getting people to find time in their
        schedule to make it to Portugal in November. So why VlogEurope 2010 -
        Lisbon?

        > Hey Miguel...I notice no one has answered this message yet. Might be
        > better to post on <vlogeurope@yahoogroups.com<vlogeurope%40yahoogroups.com>>.
        > Not sure how many US
        > citizens can afford to travel overseas right now. Tough financial
        > times and an uncertain future. Not sure what the atmosphere is like in
        > Europe.
        >
        > But I love the idea of an event in Portugal.

        > http://ryanishungry.com
        > http://momentshowing.net
        > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
        > 917 371 6790

      • miglsd27
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2010
          Jay, this is why they call you one of the vlog fathers ;). You´re obviously right and I'm sending the vlogeurope group a message. I'm even subscribed to it, go figure.

          Everything is just peachy over the old Europes, Spain for example reported a record 19,5% unemployment rate for December 2009. And they're the strong Iberian country. I guess we're all in the same boat, and the boat got global.

          Joel great to hear from you! Now were is that Milan footage? The one made during our presentation, vlogging with constrains? What you're suggesting is what I thought would work best. Down town central Lisbon has a lot of Hostels, and I'll be happy check them out and try to find a good solution. Both money wise and about having space to use a projector and just hang out. Also Bicyclemark is on board, he will help out to. Right Mark ;)?

          November as been the Vlogeurope month and I think we should keep it. Can anyone suggest days? What wouldn't work? Don't Americans have Thanks Giving or something?

          Off to post on Vlogeurope group,

          Miguel.