Re: youtube sound

  • loretabirkus
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
      I use H264, picture 1280x720, audio AAC (44.1 samplerate, 96 bitrate). I cleaned the sound with Audacity and then added some bass, just to diminish the background noise.

      I can't upload the video since it's for my client and I would hate for it to go public before he sees it. But I've used same settings on all my video uploads for Youtube and never experienced any problems. And the video and sound quality were very good when uploaded. This is the first one I have this type of issue with. I found in one forum a discussion about voice delay, but no solution was suggested.

      Thanks.

      Loreta

      > > So..now that I edited the video and uploaded to the Youtube I'm experiencing some sort of video behind the sound issue. The raw compressed file is looking good, but when I upload it to Youtube, the visual goes faster than the sound. Is it just me or Youtube doing smth wrong today? Have you had any issues like that? I did fix the raw sound to reduce the hum. Could that be doing something to the video on Youtube?
      >
      > It'd be helpful if you send a link to the Youtube video so we can see
      > it. Also be good to know how you compressed the video and fixed the
      > sound.

      > http://ryanishungry.com
      > http://momentshowing.net
      > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
      > 917 371 6790

    • Rupert Howe
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
        Give it a few hours - try again. Chances are it'll pass. In the
        meantime, try exporting and uploading a different version - use an
        Apple iPod setting as an easy option. And also export a 10 second
        clip from your video and upload to see if the same thing's happening.
        Rupert

        On 1 Feb 2010, at 23:29, loretabirkus wrote:

        > I use H264, picture 1280x720, audio AAC (44.1 samplerate, 96
        > bitrate). I cleaned the sound with Audacity and then added some
        > bass, just to diminish the background noise.
        >
        > I can't upload the video since it's for my client and I would hate
        > for it to go public before he sees it. But I've used same settings
        > on all my video uploads for Youtube and never experienced any
        > problems. And the video and sound quality were very good when
        > uploaded. This is the first one I have this type of issue with. I
        > found in one forum a discussion about voice delay, but no solution
        > was suggested.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Loreta
        >
        > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > > So..now that I edited the video and uploaded to the Youtube I'm
        > experiencing some sort of video behind the sound issue. The raw
        > compressed file is looking good, but when I upload it to Youtube,
        > the visual goes faster than the sound. Is it just me or Youtube
        > doing smth wrong today? Have you had any issues like that? I did fix
        > the raw sound to reduce the hum. Could that be doing something to
        > the video on Youtube?
        > >
        > > It'd be helpful if you send a link to the Youtube video so we can
        > see
        > > it. Also be good to know how you compressed the video and fixed the
        > > sound.
        > >
        > > Jay
        > >

        > > --
        > > http://ryanishungry.com
        > > http://momentshowing.net
        > > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
        > > 917 371 6790

      • loretabirkus
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
          Rupert, it's a good idea- I'll try a shorter clip from the same video to see what happens. I've been uploading different versions throughout the day and different sizes (10 mb, 7 mb), it's still the same. Will wait and see.

          Thanks.

          Loreta