VlogEurope 2010 - Lisbon.

  • miglsd27
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2010
      VlogEurope 2010 - Lisbon.

      I've had this on my mind for some time, and now is as good a time as any to start spreading the word and getting people to find time in their schedule to make it to Portugal in November. So why VlogEurope 2010 - Lisbon?

      My only Vlogeurope happened in Milan 2006 <http://vlogeurope2006.blogspot.com/>, and I had the time of my life. The event was very well put together by Deirdré and Andreas, and Milan and Bellagio turned out to be a great place to hang out. But most of all I really enjoyed the people I met there, and that's what drove me to try to put this together.

      Every year I postpone going to VlogEurope, sometimes it's money, others no time, one time a baby was born… so why not have VlogEurope here? Bicyclemark and I have had this conversation more than once and since he's a regular visit here making all this happen will be much easier.

      Portugal is easily reachable from both sides of the Atlantic, and if I had my way the event would mix up as much of the world as possible. It's not expensive to fly here, and accommodations are reasonable by European standards.

      What will happen? For me VlogEurope should be about what the people attending want to do, but judging from previous editions the main thing will be about having people together in a big session of vlog fun, and discovering the city. Lisbon has seen a boom of really nice hostels, and since that turned out good in Budapest, shouldn't we try something like that here? There will be lots to see after, and also to eat and drink. Trust me ;).

      Just trying to start the conversation and get some feedback. But we're on!

      All the best,

      Miguel.

      P. S. - email me at miglsd@... , twitter me at twitter.com/miglsd and a webpage/wiki/whatever will see the light of day eventually. All suggestions and input are welcomed!
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2010
        > VlogEurope 2010 - Lisbon.
        > I've had this on my mind for some time, and now is as good a time as any to start spreading the word and getting people to find time in their schedule to make it to Portugal in November. So why VlogEurope 2010 - Lisbon?
        > Portugal is easily reachable from both sides of the Atlantic, and if I had my way the event would mix up as much of the world as possible. It's not expensive to fly here, and accommodations are reasonable by European standards.
        > What will happen? For me VlogEurope should be about what the people attending want to do, but judging from previous editions the main thing will be about having people together in a big session of vlog fun, and discovering the city. Lisbon has seen a boom of really nice hostels, and since that turned out good in Budapest, shouldn't we try something like that here? There will be lots to see after, and also to eat and drink. Trust me ;).
        > Just trying to start the conversation and get some feedback. But we're on!

        Hey Miguel...I notice no one has answered this message yet. Might be
        better to post on <vlogeurope@yahoogroups.com>. Not sure how many US
        citizens can afford to travel overseas right now. Tough financial
        times and an uncertain future. Not sure what the atmosphere is like in
        Europe.

        But I love the idea of an event in Portugal.

        http://ryanishungry.com
        http://momentshowing.net
        http://twitter.com/jaydedman
        917 371 6790
      • joel
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2010
          Hey Miguel - great to hear from you. I would love to be there and if the
          dates are set far enough out I will absolutely try to do what I can to be
          there. Best vlogeuropes thus far have been where a constant meeting space
          is available. Our vlogeurope in Budapest was great because we rented out a
          30 bed hostel. this gave us a great place to meet up and for most of a
          place to stay. I will contribute some funds to make that happen if you do
          the ground work on finding a space. Just needs to have internet and maybe a
          wall to project some videos on... best is close to where things are
          happening.

          Joel

          --
          feel the vlove!
          http://joelart.blip.tv

          > VlogEurope 2010 - Lisbon.
          > I've had this on my mind for some time, and now is as good a time as any
          to start spreading the word and getting people to find time in their
          schedule to make it to Portugal in November. So why VlogEurope 2010 -
          Lisbon?

          > Hey Miguel...I notice no one has answered this message yet. Might be
          > better to post on <vlogeurope@yahoogroups.com<vlogeurope%40yahoogroups.com>>.
          > Not sure how many US
          > citizens can afford to travel overseas right now. Tough financial
          > times and an uncertain future. Not sure what the atmosphere is like in
          > Europe.
          >
          > But I love the idea of an event in Portugal.

          > http://ryanishungry.com
          > http://momentshowing.net
          > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
          > 917 371 6790

        • miglsd27
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 5, 2010
            Jay, this is why they call you one of the vlog fathers ;). You´re obviously right and I'm sending the vlogeurope group a message. I'm even subscribed to it, go figure.

            Everything is just peachy over the old Europes, Spain for example reported a record 19,5% unemployment rate for December 2009. And they're the strong Iberian country. I guess we're all in the same boat, and the boat got global.

            Joel great to hear from you! Now were is that Milan footage? The one made during our presentation, vlogging with constrains? What you're suggesting is what I thought would work best. Down town central Lisbon has a lot of Hostels, and I'll be happy check them out and try to find a good solution. Both money wise and about having space to use a projector and just hang out. Also Bicyclemark is on board, he will help out to. Right Mark ;)?

            November as been the Vlogeurope month and I think we should keep it. Can anyone suggest days? What wouldn't work? Don't Americans have Thanks Giving or something?

            Off to post on Vlogeurope group,

            Miguel.