Portfolio site

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2010
      Adrian pointed out http://www.staceyapp.com/ for building portfolio
      sites for media creators.
      Here's a new system that does the same thing but nothing to install:
      http://cargocollective.com/

      Jennifer Proctor has a page up here: http://cargo.jenniferproctor.com/
      These are really nice options instead of building/theming a whole new
      blog when all you want is a portfolio page.

      http://ryanishungry.com
      http://momentshowing.net
      http://twitter.com/jaydedman
      917 371 6790
    • proctorjen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2010
        Thanks for the shout-out, Jay. I'll add that Cargo allows for quite a bit of customization of the CSS with pretty good support forums. I chose it over Stacey after going through a learning curve with Stacey - it just seemed way too complex and prone to break than I wanted to deal with. So I really like Cargo as an alternative.

        That said, Cargo comes out of beta on Jan. 15th and will become a paid service, but it's pretty reasonable - $66/year ($33 if you were involved in the beta). I decided it was worth it to me.

        Jen