Re: [videoblogging] Wireless Microphone

  • Jim Turner
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
      $800?

      I am not seeing the value so much but I am sure it is quality if you get
      what you pay for.

      Jim

      --
      Jim Turner
      One By One Media, LLC

    • Roxanne Darling
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 13, 2010
        We've used the G2 version ($500 new way back when) and it is a work
        horse mic. It has survived nearly 4 years of continuous use out in the
        salt and sea - all we have replaced is one $18 cable. It works as is
        and the extra block connects to most wireless handheld mics and we
        have even connected this to my apple laptop to get much better quality
        sound live-streaming.

        It is a work horse!

        Aloha,

        Rox

        On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 12:29 AM, Jim Turner <jturner@...> wrote:
        > $800?
        >
        > I am not seeing the value so much but I am sure it is quality if you get
        > what you pay for.
        >
        > Jim
        >
        > On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Richard Amirault <ramirault@...>wrote:

        808-384-5554
        Video --> http://www.beachwalks.tv
        Company -- > http://www.barefeetstudios.com
        Twitter--> http://www.twitter.com/roxannedarling
      • pageflex2001
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 15, 2010
          I just received this wireless mike system and so far so good.
          I even made a test video of it. http://bit.ly/91oGsB

          Bought it at sweetwater.com, don't ever shop at b&h by the way!

          I have a consumer Sony HDR-XR520V camcorder which has a mini mike jack. It's got an sony active-shoe approach to attaching accessories to it, with a slide-out cover. So what I did is I snapped that cover out, it sits on metal rails, and screwed in a regular flash shoe taken from an old still camera on top of that cover. I then grazy-glued that cover back to the spot where it should be when closed. Now the Sennheiser receiver slides into that shoe perfectly.

          I haven't had any real interviews as of yet with this wireless system yet, but hoping soonish..

          Renat Zarbailov
          of Innomind.org

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "pageflex2001" <innomind@...> wrote:

          > Is this the absolute best in terms of value, signal quality, reliability or am I missing something?
          > http://bit.ly/8bCz3q
          >
          > Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          >
          > Renat Zarbailov
          > of Innomind.org

        • Richard Amirault
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 15, 2010
            From: "pageflex2001"
            (snip)
            > Bought it at sweetwater.com, don't ever shop at b&h by the way!
            (snip)

            Shop all you like at B&H Photo

            Richard Amirault
            Boston, MA, USA
            http://n1jdu.org
            http://bostonfandom.org
          • tomdolan.il2s
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 15, 2010
              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "pageflex2001" <innomind@...> wrote:

              > Is this the absolute best in terms of value, signal quality, reliability or am I missing something?
              > http://bit.ly/8bCz3q
              >
              > Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              >
              > Renat Zarbailov
              > of Innomind.org

              I've purchased from both B&H and Sweetwater. My xperience w/B&H was fine. On the other hand, Sweetwater is highly regarded in the voiceover community and for good reason. Their data base and tutorials are excellent, and their on-line/tele help is reliable in my xperience.
            • pageflex2001
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 16, 2010
                Richard,

                B&H used to be the best when it came to customer service. I live in NYC and my last trip to the physical store location yielded in losing trust in this store. I even asked for the manager and he never came to hear my concerns, they sent a security guard to tackle the issue.
                And you know what was the issue? They did not let me into the store because I had my folding bike (Strida) with me. A week or so prior they did let me in with this same bike as long as I had it checked in into the bag check room.

                So sharing my experience with this community that B&H has become a horrible place to spend your hard-earned money I think is beneficial to everyone here. After all, going to another retailer when shopping online is only a click away.

                I am not in any way promoting Sweetwater, far from it, but they had a live person call me on the phone as soon as I placed an order to make sure my camcorder will be compatible with this wireless mike system. After the sale I had a question and I called them back and the rep was very kind to walk me through the process.

                This is what customer service should be like.

                I say, boycott B&H until they change their way of treating their customers.

                best