Wireless Microphone

  • pageflex2001
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010
      Is this the absolute best in terms of value, signal quality, reliability or am I missing something?
      http://bit.ly/8bCz3q

      Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Renat Zarbailov
      of Innomind.org
    • Richard Amirault
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
          $800?

          I am not seeing the value so much but I am sure it is quality if you get
          what you pay for.

          Jim

          --
          Jim Turner
          One By One Media, LLC

        • Roxanne Darling
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 13, 2010
            We've used the G2 version ($500 new way back when) and it is a work
            horse mic. It has survived nearly 4 years of continuous use out in the
            salt and sea - all we have replaced is one $18 cable. It works as is
            and the extra block connects to most wireless handheld mics and we
            have even connected this to my apple laptop to get much better quality
            sound live-streaming.

            It is a work horse!

            Aloha,

            Rox

            On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 12:29 AM, Jim Turner <jturner@...> wrote:
            > $800?
            >
            > I am not seeing the value so much but I am sure it is quality if you get
            > what you pay for.
            >
            > Jim
            >
            > On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Richard Amirault <ramirault@...>wrote:

            808-384-5554
            Video --> http://www.beachwalks.tv
            Company -- > http://www.barefeetstudios.com
            Twitter--> http://www.twitter.com/roxannedarling
          • pageflex2001
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 15, 2010
              I just received this wireless mike system and so far so good.
              I even made a test video of it. http://bit.ly/91oGsB

              Bought it at sweetwater.com, don't ever shop at b&h by the way!

              I have a consumer Sony HDR-XR520V camcorder which has a mini mike jack. It's got an sony active-shoe approach to attaching accessories to it, with a slide-out cover. So what I did is I snapped that cover out, it sits on metal rails, and screwed in a regular flash shoe taken from an old still camera on top of that cover. I then grazy-glued that cover back to the spot where it should be when closed. Now the Sennheiser receiver slides into that shoe perfectly.

              I haven't had any real interviews as of yet with this wireless system yet, but hoping soonish..

              Renat Zarbailov
              of Innomind.org

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "pageflex2001" <innomind@...> wrote:

              > Is this the absolute best in terms of value, signal quality, reliability or am I missing something?
              > http://bit.ly/8bCz3q
              >
              > Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              >
              > Renat Zarbailov
              > of Innomind.org

            • Richard Amirault
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 15, 2010
                  > Is this the absolute best in terms of value, signal quality, reliability or am I missing something?
                  > http://bit.ly/8bCz3q
                  >
                  > Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  >
                  > Renat Zarbailov
                  > of Innomind.org

                  I've purchased from both B&H and Sweetwater. My xperience w/B&H was fine. On the other hand, Sweetwater is highly regarded in the voiceover community and for good reason. Their data base and tutorials are excellent, and their on-line/tele help is reliable in my xperience.
                • pageflex2001
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 16, 2010
                    Richard,

                    B&H used to be the best when it came to customer service. I live in NYC and my last trip to the physical store location yielded in losing trust in this store. I even asked for the manager and he never came to hear my concerns, they sent a security guard to tackle the issue.
                    And you know what was the issue? They did not let me into the store because I had my folding bike (Strida) with me. A week or so prior they did let me in with this same bike as long as I had it checked in into the bag check room.

                    So sharing my experience with this community that B&H has become a horrible place to spend your hard-earned money I think is beneficial to everyone here. After all, going to another retailer when shopping online is only a click away.

                    I am not in any way promoting Sweetwater, far from it, but they had a live person call me on the phone as soon as I placed an order to make sure my camcorder will be compatible with this wireless mike system. After the sale I had a question and I called them back and the rep was very kind to walk me through the process.

                    This is what customer service should be like.

                    I say, boycott B&H until they change their way of treating their customers.

                    best