Nominate us for a Streamy

  • Adam Quirk
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 22, 2009
      Hi,

      The Streamys are an awards show for web video shows. It's sort of a
      popularity contest, so if you could take 1 minute and submit us that would
      be great.

      All you have to do is go to the website, select "Best Experimental Series",
      and put in our show.

      1. Go here http://www.streamys.org/submit/public-submissions/

      2. Category: Best Experimental Web Series (2/3 down the list)

      3. Series Name: *Wreck & Salvage*

      4. Series URL: *wreckandsalvage.com*

      2010 is going to be a big year for web video, and a little bit of
      recognition goes a long way.

      I recommend you submit all your other favorite shows in their respective
      categories as well. This is a great way to support your favorite producers
      without having to shell out any cash.

      Thanks,
      Adam Quirk

    • Steve Garfield
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 22, 2009
        Hey Adam,

        I love this quote about popularity contests, "I hate them until I win, then I love them."

        I'm happy to see that the Streamy's have a category for Best Vlogger.

        That's great because it brings us back to the individual, as opposed to almost all the other categories that are for a Web Series.

        There's nothing wrong with Web Series, but I'm glad this individual category got in there, even if they still label the data entry boxes with the word 'series'.

        So if you are heading over to key in votes, I'll submit my info so it's easy to copy and paste. ;-)

        1. Go here http://www.streamys.org/submit/public-submissions-people/

        2. Category: Best Vlogger

        3. Person: Steve Garfield

        4. Series Name: Steve Garfield's Video Blog

        5. Series URL: http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/

        Thanks!

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adam Quirk <quirk@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > The Streamys are an awards show for web video shows. It's sort of a
        > popularity contest, so if you could take 1 minute and submit us that would
        > be great.
        >
        > All you have to do is go to the website, select "Best Experimental Series",
        > and put in our show.
        >
        > 1. Go here http://www.streamys.org/submit/public-submissions/
        >
        > 2. Category: Best Experimental Web Series (2/3 down the list)
        >
        > 3. Series Name: *Wreck & Salvage*
        >
        > 4. Series URL: *wreckandsalvage.com*
        >
        > 2010 is going to be a big year for web video, and a little bit of
        > recognition goes a long way.
        >
        > I recommend you submit all your other favorite shows in their respective
        > categories as well. This is a great way to support your favorite producers
        > without having to shell out any cash.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Adam Quirk

      • David Jones
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 22, 2009
          On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 7:29 AM, Steve Garfield <steve@...> wrote:

          > Hey Adam,
          >
          > I love this quote about popularity contests, "I hate them until I win, then I love them."
          >
          > I'm happy to see that the Streamy's have a category for Best Vlogger.
          >
          > That's great because it brings us back to the individual, as opposed to almost all the other categories that are for a Web Series.

          May the best blogger win!

          > There's nothing wrong with Web Series, but I'm glad this individual category got in there, even if they still label the data entry boxes with the word 'series'.

          I don't quite get the voting process. When you hit Submit it takes you
          directly to Twitter, it does not confirm the vote or "entry" at all!
          And what happens if people enter slightly different information? e.g.
          Dave Jones instead of David Jones, or eevblog instead of "electronics
          engineering video blog", do the votes get diluted?

          Dave.
        • David Jones
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 22, 2009
            On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:59 AM, David Jones <david.jones@...> wrote:
            > On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 7:29 AM, Steve Garfield <steve@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Hey Adam,
            >>
            >> I love this quote about popularity contests, "I hate them until I win, then I love them."
            >>
            >> I'm happy to see that the Streamy's have a category for Best Vlogger.
            >>
            >> That's great because it brings us back to the individual, as opposed to almost all the other categories that are for a Web Series.
            >

            > May the best blogger win!
            >

            >> There's nothing wrong with Web Series, but I'm glad this individual category got in there, even if they still label the data entry boxes with the word 'series'.
            >

            > I don't quite get the voting process. When you hit Submit it takes you
            > directly to Twitter, it does not confirm the vote or "entry" at all!

            Scratch that. Twitter opens as a new window. It does actually say on
            the original page you have entered.

            Dave.
          • Rupert Howe
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
              Happy New Year everyone!

              I nominated Mike Moon for Best Vlogger. I wanted to vote for someone
              I watch a lot, whose output in 2009 was prolific (and consistently
              engaging) at a time when most of us are vlogging less and less.

              Those of you who don't watch him, you can find him at http://mikemoon.net/

              Not so long ago, we would all have got engaged and excited by
              something to focus on like this - a chance to make some noise outside
              our little community here. I urge you to think for a moment about the
              shows and vloggers you watch, and go support them by voting at:
              http://www.streamys.org/submit/public-submissions-people/

              Rupert
              http://twittervlog.tv

              On 22 Dec 2009, at 20:29, Steve Garfield wrote:

              > Hey Adam,
              >
              > I love this quote about popularity contests, "I hate them until I
              > win, then I love them."
              >
              > I'm happy to see that the Streamy's have a category for Best Vlogger.
              >
              > That's great because it brings us back to the individual, as opposed
              > to almost all the other categories that are for a Web Series.
              >
              > There's nothing wrong with Web Series, but I'm glad this individual
              > category got in there, even if they still label the data entry boxes
              > with the word 'series'.
              >
              > So if you are heading over to key in votes, I'll submit my info so
              > it's easy to copy and paste. ;-)
              >
              > 1. Go here http://www.streamys.org/submit/public-submissions-people/
              >
              > 2. Category: Best Vlogger
              >
              > 3. Person: Steve Garfield
              >
              > 4. Series Name: Steve Garfield's Video Blog
              >
              > 5. Series URL: http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/
              >
              > Thanks!
              >
              > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adam Quirk <quirk@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > The Streamys are an awards show for web video shows. It's sort of a
              > > popularity contest, so if you could take 1 minute and submit us
              > that would
              > > be great.
              > >
              > > All you have to do is go to the website, select "Best Experimental
              > Series",
              > > and put in our show.
              > >
              > > 1. Go here http://www.streamys.org/submit/public-submissions/
              > >
              > > 2. Category: Best Experimental Web Series (2/3 down the list)
              > >
              > > 3. Series Name: *Wreck & Salvage*
              > >
              > > 4. Series URL: *wreckandsalvage.com*
              > >
              > > 2010 is going to be a big year for web video, and a little bit of
              > > recognition goes a long way.
              > >
              > > I recommend you submit all your other favorite shows in their
              > respective
              > > categories as well. This is a great way to support your favorite
              > producers
              > > without having to shell out any cash.
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > > Adam Quirk

            • Kath O'Donnell
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
                I nominated you Rupert & I hope lots of others do too!!
                :)
              • Ernie
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
                  I hope you all get nominated, I think you all deserve one.

                  Sent from Ernie's iPhone

                  On 5 Jan 2010, at 08:50, "Kath O'Donnell" <aliak77@...> wrote:

                  > I nominated you Rupert & I hope lots of others do too!!
                  > :)

                • Irina
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
                    yes everyone please nominate everyone else

                    this is a different kind of awards show from the ones where "everyone is a
                    winner" but the more ppl we get involved to vote, the more chances we all
                    have to get recognition

                    so keep sending it out to your friends and tweeting

                    and i hope to see you all in LA

                    i am not in any way linked to this awards other than possibly presenting
                    (very very tiny chance only based on the fact that i presented last year
                    lol)

                    but i am still a huge supporter of the my independent peeps as u all know
                    and i am always happy to encourage everyone to keep producing content if it
                    makes them happy even if money is not a guarantee

                    On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 12:58 AM, Ernie <djshabb@...> wrote:

                    > I hope you all get nominated, I think you all deserve one.
                    >
                    > Sent from Ernie's iPhone
                    >

                    > On 5 Jan 2010, at 08:50, "Kath O'Donnell" <aliak77@...<aliak77%40gmail.com>>
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    > > I nominated you Rupert & I hope lots of others do too!!
                    > > :)

                    http://geekentertainment.tv

                  • Michael Rosenblum
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
                      Once again this year we are offering a $15,000 prize for the best VJ
                      piece.
                      Contest closes Jan 22
                      No entry fees
                      http://www.theconcentra.org/121/?m1=y7hbkxo1c0xbcdfpxkbkxy&m2=13d5
                    • mgmoon
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
                        Thank you very much Rupert for the nod. It is very much appreciated.

                        Content, content, content. I miss the days of going to my favourite vloggers only to find they've stopped posting videos. I've personally challenged myself to keep the videos rolling.

                        @Rupert/Clintus Glad to see you have discovered 12sec videos. Even with 12 seconds, you are still capturing moments in time. Just think of the enjoyment when your daughter (or son) is showing your grandchildren videos of when they were kids. Magic moments saved for life.

                        I don't have an interesting life of world travel, but I continue to post vlogs from my backyard and Cabana (750 vlogs since April'06). I've found the videoblogging group as a great source for content ideas and challenges; NaVloPoMo, Semanal and Drunk-Underwear-Karaoke. I urge everyone to just keep shooting videos... you'll be the big winner in the end.

                        As Irina said, there are very few that can make money in this vlogging hobby. I'm discovering that having years of video memories is worth more then any financial compensation.

                        With that said, I'd love nothing more then an opportunity to get outta of the backyard and head to LA. I could represent the voice of an average Joe Vlogger. With a cheap camcorder and free processes (freevlog.org FTW), anyone can capture their own video diary/scrapbook to keep and share forever.

                        I'm stealing Clintus' saying... "Vlog on bitches".

                        Thank you Rupert.

                        Mike
                        http://vlog.mikemoon.net