Re: [videoblogging] Dickens and videoblogging

  • Adam Quirk
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
      Definitely agree Jay. I love that aspects of videoblogging have become
      prevalent in feature filmmaking and vice versa. It's good to share.

      Also, Dickens basically invented Christmas as we know it. So there's that.

      On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

      > > nice points Adam. I'd push them a bit further. Dicken's didn't write
      > > novels. He wrote serialised pieces for serial publication that were
      > > later turned into novels. This makes his example even more relevant in
      > > the terms you point out.
      >
      > Yeah, Stephen King revived this model with Green Mile, where he
      > published the book in pieces. Supposedly he didnt know the ending when
      > he began.
      >
      > Everyone wants to push a known format onto videovlogging...but having
      > fun with the medium and showing life in different ways makes more
      > sense.

      > http://ryanishungry.com
      > http://jaydedman.com
      > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
      > 917 371 6790

    • sull
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
        Last year, I bought this book for my wife and read some of it.... it makes
        for an interesting stocking stuffer ;)

        "The Man Who Invented Christmas: How Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol
        Rescued His Career and Revived Our Holiday Spirits"

        http://www.amazon.com/Man-Who-Invented-Christmas-Dickenss/dp/0307405788

        Sull