Thank you!

  • Michael Sean Kaminsky
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2009
      hey all - i had a blast watching the vlomo videos as well as making my own.
      thanks to the videoblogging group and to rupert for suggesting the video
      chain!! let's do it every month!;) (i'm only half joking - logistics aside
      it would be fun.)

      michael sean

    • reeanne123
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 28, 2010
        What a nice welcome...I can see that this group is passionate about
        vblogging! :)

        Thanks for the welcome Steve E. -- Markus S. and David J., I really
        appreciate your timely input. You've both given me some things to think
        about here. Let me gather my thoughts, and then provide an update with
        answers to your questions.

        I'm feeling inspired. [;;)]

        Ree

      • Steve Eisenberg
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 28, 2010
          What did Markus S and David J ask you? Willing to share? That might spark a
          few questions to add to the list.

          On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM, reeanne123 <reeanne123@...> wrote:

          > What a nice welcome...I can see that this group is passionate about
          > vblogging! :)
          >
          > Thanks for the welcome Steve E. -- Markus S. and David J., I really
          > appreciate your timely input. You've both given me some things to think
          > about here. Let me gather my thoughts, and then provide an update with
          > answers to your questions.
          >
          > I'm feeling inspired. [;;)]
          >
          > Ree

        • Marie G.
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 28, 2010
            Hi Steve E.,

            Yes, I was wondering if there is a way to have a continuous thread for each conversation, or if you have to open each post separately to see what has previously been said.

            I'll state the questions when I respond. : )

            Thanks,
            Ree

            What did Markus S and David J ask you? Willing to share? That might spark a
            few questions to add to the list.

            On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM, reeanne123 <reeanne123@...> wrote:

            > What a nice welcome...I can see that this group is passionate about
            > vblogging! :)
            >
            > Thanks for the welcome Steve E. -- Markus S. and David J., I really
            > appreciate your timely input. You've both given me some things to think
            > about here. Let me gather my thoughts, and then provide an update with
            > answers to your questions.
            >
            > I'm feeling inspired. [;;)]
            >
            > Ree

          • Markus Sandy
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 28, 2010
              On Jun 28, 2010, at 8:57 PM, Steve Eisenberg wrote:

              > What did Markus S and David J ask you? Willing to share? That might
              > spark a
              > few questions to add to the list.
              >
              > On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM, reeanne123 <reeanne123@...>
              > wrote:

              I was wondering why you asked this question, but then i looked and saw
              that it is very hard to follow this thread and the previous hello
              thread on yahoo!

              because of the common titles they are linking all the old posts that
              had hello (or thank you) as title going back 2005.

              my mac email client does this too at times when it aggregates what it
              thinks are threaded responses

              anyone know a way to ask yahoo page for a listing of a thread in
              descending date order? I don't see it offhand.

              luckily it's easy to follow through email, but definitely harder to
              follow from web site.

              Steve, If that's why it's hard to follow, I certainly understand.
              Here's what David and I wrote.

              > Begin forwarded message:
              >
              >> Hi Ree
              >> See my beginner story here:
              >>
              >> I say forget Blogger, set up your own website from day one using
              >> Wordpress.
              >> Web hosting costs as little as a few dollars a month and that will
              >> get
              >> you single click install for Wordpress and other blogs. You usually
              >> get a free domain name too, if not it's under $10/year. Forget using
              >> anything other than Wordpress though, it's the standard and is easy
              >> use.
              >> I use Hostmonster.com for hosting, but there are countless others.
              >> Make sure your web host has SimpleScripts single click install for
              >> Wordpress.
              >> Get your site theme right from day one and stick with it.
              >>
              >> The PodPress plugin for Wordpress allows you to easily create an
              >> iTunes compatible feed. Feedburner is good for the RSS feed.
              >> I use Handbrake to generate a Podcast version of my blog for those
              >> that view on mobiles/iPhone etc.
              >>
              >> You would want to have a very good reason to use anything other than
              >> Youtube to host your videos, as that's how people are usually going
              >> search for and find you.
              >>
              >> As for monetising your blog, it takes time (and content+views) to
              >> become a Youtube partner. But that doesn't stop you putting Google
              >> Adsense ads on your Wordpress blog from the start.
              >>
              >> What do you mean exactly by remote interviewing?
              >>
              >> Regards
              >> Dave.

              Begin forwarded message:

              > Welcome Ree!
              >
              > Good topics. You came to the right place.
              >
              > Got a vlog yet? url? feed? What kind of videoblogging projects or
              > sites are you contemplating?
              >
              > Over the years, I've gone from Blogger to my own WordPress site to
              > Drupal for larger projects. Over the years, I've been quite
              > impressed with blogger+youtube as tools, but not quite as happy from
              > a TOS/rights standpoint when compared to running my own site and
              > using hosting providers like blip.tv, who support Creative Commons
              > licensing and cross posting to the Internet Archive. In the end, I
              > use whatever option is appropriate for the job at hand. I love to
              > teach and still find the old freevlogger path starting at blogger
              > the most accessible to the greatest number of people, especially
              > those who don't care to geek out on the technology like some of us.
              >
              > Many of us are interested in open source solutions, quality and
              > keeping costs down and so you are in good company. :)
              >
              > Markus
              > http://ojaidigitaldojo.net

            • Markus Sandy
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 28, 2010
                On Jun 28, 2010, at 10:39 PM, Markus Sandy wrote:

                > anyone know a way to ask yahoo page for a listing of a thread in
                > descending date order? I don't see it offhand.

                found it!

                right where you'd think.

                sort is in the column header

                two clicks makes it much more readable

              • Marie G.
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 29, 2010
                  That's excellent!  Very much appreciated. I'll use more unique subject titles in the future!
                  Ree