New in November Tumblr Group

  • Rupert
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
      This wasn't mentioned on here before, was it? There's a Tumblr
      Account called New in November
      http://newinnov.tumblr.com/

      at which the following videobloggers are posting videos every day in
      November:
      Bill Cammack, Bre Pettis, Justin Johnson, Clintus McGintus, Annie
      Tsai, Schlomo Rabinowitz, Michael Carrasquillo & Mike Moon

      Only found it because I went back to Clintus's first video of the
      month and saw I link that I'd missed in my feed reader.
    • Juan John Cardenas
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
        well, there was not an open invitation to participate there...it means it is just another group that is holding its own way to celebrate November:: videoblogging month...

        at least I havent read the invitation to the group ..or I missed it

        and it looks like I am the only one -crazy-old fashioned one making a video a day during november:::: bow woaw...it makes me feel special...to be the only kraze videoblogger-in the world- stuck to the old rules...hahaha

        also I am a member of the nablopomo thing..and I noticed that i am the only one posting videos there too ;0))

        -- I just received the invitation of the Vimeo Vlomo group...from last year ..it says we are invited to post videos there..it is open again...I will start uploading my videos there too

        lets keep on rolling buddies

        videoblogging month is not dead yet

        regards

        Juan Cardenas -aka-JohnCardenas-John Dkar

        http://twitter.com/JohnDkarFilms
        http://twitwall.com/JohnDkarFilms
        http://www.facebook.com/johndkarfilms
        http://www.youtube.com/JohnDkar

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
          It is a bit odd that nobody mentioned it here, but it was probably
          tweeted about.

          And no, you're not the only one doing it every day - there are
          actually lots of people posting every day - but they're not posting
          links here.
          I posted links here a couple of days ago to where some people are
          posting their Navlopomo videos:

          Verdi's:
          http://videobloggers.mirocommunity.com

          And the Vimeo Group:
          http://vimeo.com/groups/vlomo

          And you can search on Mefeedia.

          But since Miro & Vimeo require manual submission, I suspect the only
          way to catch everybody is to subscribe to their feeds. And I haven't
          made a list of everybody who's doing it. So unless someone else wants
          to try to do that, it might be just a question of hunting around a bit.

          Rupert

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
            > And no, you're not the only one doing it every day - there are
            > actually lots of people posting every day

            GREAT !!! ..this the best news I have had so far today ...thanks for the shout Rupert

            I feel like I am not alone anymore =;0)

          • mgmoon
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
              Hey Juan,

              Nope, you are not alone.
              This is my third year of NaVloPoMo -> VloMo -> whatever.
              In 2007 I posted a Mensa Puzzle video everyday day for the month.
              In 2008 I posted my normal content, but everyday.
              In 2009 I'm posting a countdown of 30 Things around the house. I'm just about to post #25 - making our way to number 1 (said with a deep DJ voice).

              As far as being part of the Tumblr group, I've been following most of the members video entries for a couple years. They sorta knew me, and I them. Besides... most of the Tumblr folks (7 in total?) are only posting weekday videos. I think they brought me on board to help add weekend content. :) :)

              Regardless. We're all doing our part to add video content. I assume it will be like the past years and you'll have visitors looking and responding to your content, months from now. There is so much out there it takes time to filter through it all.

              Good luck with your quest Juan.

              Mike
              http://vlog.mikemoon.net