Re: [videoblogging] Re: imac as an electronic kiosk

  • Markus Sandy
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
      On Oct 2, 2009, at 5:52 PM, adammercado@... wrote:

      > I suppose you could do the same using web technology - HTML, CSS
      > etc but you then have to worry about rendering it all in a browser

      it's a kiosk

      flash compatibility is not an issue

      can use any browser you like

      no inputs. no need for kbd or mouse

      I worked with one years & years ago for use in fitness centers

      just an old IBM PS2 (remember those?)

      all done in IE4 and HTML

      in a big kiosk style box

      later we added touch screens for choices

      markus
      http://apperceive.net

    • Markus Sandy
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
        On Oct 2, 2009, at 5:51 PM, Markus Sandy wrote:

        > Anyone ever heard of such a thing? I suppose there are scripting
        > > tools that might allow me to do it myself, but I'm looking for a
        > > software app that makes it easy.

        one more link for firefox

        http://blogs.sun.com/ThinkThin/entry/kiosk_mode_browser

        markus
        http://videocampsf.com

      • sull
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
          I tried this once on a thin client machine that i have....

          http://webconverger.com

          Might be worth a shot.

          Also have used this product:
          http://www.screentime.com