Re: [videoblogging] Re: iPod Nano shoots video

  • Rupert Howe
    Message 1 of 36 , Oct 2, 2009
      What? unhooking a bra for the first time = beautiful images?
      Welcome to the group!
      Ernmander vlogs here...
      http://www.ernmander.com/

      I don't get Pixelpipe to tweet, for that reason. Instead, I use the
      Tweet function in the services that Pixelpipe distributing to.
      Sometimes I have used Pixelpipe to distribute to my blog, via Blip.tv
      which has an auto blog posting feature, in which case I use
      Twitterfeed to tweet from my blog's feed, when it's finished receiving
      & processing.

      On 1-Oct-09, at 8:44 PM, ernmander wrote:

      > The only problem I have found with pixelpipe is that sometimes it
      > takes ages to crunch you video. Say you set pixelpipe to tweet your
      > content, folk click the link in twitter, pixelpipe shows you nothing
      > as it is still crunching.
      >
      > As for the iPhone 3GS for vlogging the only pain is that when you
      > are pointing the camera at yourself and you finish vlogging trying
      > to hit stop, well it's like when you were a kid trying to unhook a
      > bra for the first time. Lots of fumbling and looking like a fool.
      > But it does take beautiful images (well in good light) :)
      >
      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Sullivan
      > <sulleleven@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > comparable pics here in this thorough review:
      > > http://my-symbian.com/other/preview_n900.php
      > >
      > > doesnt seem much bigger than standrad devices besdeis the very
      > sleek iphone.
      > >
      > > -
      > > sull
      > > http://vocal.ly
      > >

      > > On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Michael Verdi
      > <michaelverdi@...>wrote:
      > >

      > > > One thing I noticed about that N900 is that it's really thick and
      > > > brick shaped. It's like 2 iphones stuck together. Won't really
      > slide
      > > > into the pants pocket so nicely. Also, I see this with every phone
      > > > that my kids use - physical keyboards break when you use them a
      > lot.
      > > > We've already replaced multiple phones because of that. On the
      > other
      > > > hand my original iphone (my wife is using it) is still going
      > strong at
      > > > almost 2 years old - in fact it's better now because it has a
      > newer os
      > > > and apps.
      > > >
      > > > - Verdi
      > > >
      > > > --
      > > > Michael Verdi
      > > > http://milkweedmediadesign.com
      > > > http://michaelverdi.com

    • taoofdavid65
      Message 36 of 36 , Oct 6, 2009
        If anyone is interested in seeing how the iPod Nano video quality is...

        A motovlogger friend of mine recently got one and tested it out in his car while driving.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS2Zd4bHUX4

        To say the least, I'm impressed.

        I use a Kodak Zx1 velcro'd in my motorcycle helmet when I'm out riding about. It's fairly small and it does shoot HD video (complete overkill) but no where near as small as the iPod Nano. Sample Kodak Zx1 footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FBRnqzWtRc

        The danger of riding around on a motorcycle with a camera in the helmet does concern a fair amount of us motovloggers. One crash and that camera now becomes a dangerous brick bouncing around in the helmet. With the iPod Nano being so small and being able to shoot great video, I'm thinking that this might be my new camera of choice.

        Your mileage may vary :)

        David
        http://www.youtube.com/davidhowellca