Re: [videoblogging] Re: Using Blip.tv on Wordpress with Lightbox effect

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 20, 2009
      > Is the Pip player still in development? I used it a couple of years ago but for some reason felt it no longer had updates or >support?

      Enric developed http://vpip.org/. About 18 months ago, I believe he
      decided to slow down on updating it. He open sourced much of it so
      others could pay with it.

      > What advantages does it have over the JW player?

      What vPIP did well is contained in the name: "Videos Playing in
      Place". Many of us used it because you could link to different formats
      in the same player. vPIP also has that "lightbox" effect that you
      spoke of.

      Since then flash players like the JW player can play H264, as well as flash.

      http://ryanishungry.com
      http://jaydedman.com
      http://twitter.com/jaydedman