Re: Weekly virtual meetups

  • vectorlime
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 27, 2009
      Well figures this happens... ends up I just found out I'm going to be gone all Saturday so will have to miss the virtual meetup! It is for good cause, as I will be sitting in on some filming and learning more about pre-production, so, I really don't want to miss this opportunity! It will be from 8-6 cst, so it screws my day otherwise. Please post the archive link if they still have that available, I am still interested in what you guys talk about!

      Thanks and hopefully can do this again sometime!

      Kev!
      http://www.limeblog.tv
      http://www.twitter.com/vectorlyme

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "vectorlime" <vectorlyme@...> wrote:

      > Fantastic! I have a few things to do Saturday but hopefully whatever time you pick will work out!
      >
      > Great to see some familiar names again too! (been away from here too long oops!)
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Kev!
      > http://www.limeblog.tv
      > http://www.twitter.com/vectorlyme
      >

      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <markus.sandy@> wrote:
      > >
      > > On Aug 24, 2009, at 1:26 PM, Jeffrey Taylor wrote:
      > >
      > > > I'm up for it, too.
      > >

      > > +1 for video conference on "saturday night"
      > >
      > > (or perhaps sat afternoon here on the US west coast to account for
      > > time differences)
      > >
      > > how about we reserve a block for this Saturday Sept 30th?
      > >
      > > markus

    • Markus Sandy
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 28, 2009
        Hi everyone,

        This is just a 24 hour reminder that video conference has been setup
        for about this time tomorrow at this time.

        7pm-10pm GMT on sat august 29

        12noon to 3pm US west coast

        8pm-11pm in Britain

        3-6pm US Eastern

        Please chime in with your local time if you can and i will include in
        future.

        here link to conference (and archive afterwards): http://fm.ea-tel.eu/fm/28db8f-18170

        you can go to site anytime to see time or check audio/video

        no special requirements beyond browser with Flash support

        you do not need to have camera or mic, but it's more fun. there is a
        chat window too.

        everyone is welcome, but capacity is about 22 at any time

        don't feel like you have to attend the whole thing. drop in/out anytime.

        some proposed topics (please suggest more)
        * open media initiatives
        * videoblogging workflows
        * upcoming events
        * share your latest project
        * show off your new equipment (or cat)
        * just come and say 'hi'

        if you need help getting in, feel free to contact me via email or chat.

        Markus
        http://twitter.com/apperceptions
        skype: msandy
        aim/ichat: markus [dot] sandy [at] mac [dot] com
      • RANDY MANN
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 28, 2009
          not all vloggers are geeks is true, but my dear friend paul, u defently are
          a geek

          On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Markus Sandy <markus.sandy@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > This is just a 24 hour reminder that video conference has been setup
          > for about this time tomorrow at this time.
          >
          > 7pm-10pm GMT on sat august 29
          >
          > 12noon to 3pm US west coast
          >
          > 8pm-11pm in Britain
          >
          > 3-6pm US Eastern
          >
          > Please chime in with your local time if you can and i will include in
          > future.
          >
          > here link to conference (and archive afterwards):
          > http://fm.ea-tel.eu/fm/28db8f-18170
          >
          > you can go to site anytime to see time or check audio/video
          >
          > no special requirements beyond browser with Flash support
          >
          > you do not need to have camera or mic, but it's more fun. there is a
          > chat window too.
          >
          > everyone is welcome, but capacity is about 22 at any time
          >
          > don't feel like you have to attend the whole thing. drop in/out anytime.
          >
          > some proposed topics (please suggest more)
          > * open media initiatives
          > * videoblogging workflows
          > * upcoming events
          > * share your latest project
          > * show off your new equipment (or cat)
          > * just come and say 'hi'
          >
          > if you need help getting in, feel free to contact me via email or chat.
          >
          > Markus
          > http://twitter.com/apperceptions
          > skype: msandy
          > aim/ichat: markus [dot] sandy [at] mac [dot] com

        • compumavengal
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 29, 2009
            Oh please, yes work flow, anything on work flow and how to help mass quantities of newbies with FlipCams setting one up when they don't know a thing about video.

            I'm trying to find a way to do it for the new blog and it is a slow go.

            I'll be lurking or checking the archives because I'm not sure if I can get back home before it is over. There is a lot to yak about.

            Gena
            http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com
            Still in alpha and nowhere near where I want it to be.

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <markus.sandy@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone,
            >
            > This is just a 24 hour reminder that video conference has been setup
            > for about this time tomorrow at this time.
            >
            > 7pm-10pm GMT on sat august 29
            >
            > 12noon to 3pm US west coast
            >
            > 8pm-11pm in Britain
            >
            > 3-6pm US Eastern
            >
            > Please chime in with your local time if you can and i will include in
            > future.
            >
            > here link to conference (and archive afterwards): http://fm.ea-tel.eu/fm/28db8f-18170
            >
            > you can go to site anytime to see time or check audio/video
            >
            > no special requirements beyond browser with Flash support
            >
            > you do not need to have camera or mic, but it's more fun. there is a
            > chat window too.
            >
            > everyone is welcome, but capacity is about 22 at any time
            >
            > don't feel like you have to attend the whole thing. drop in/out anytime.
            >
            > some proposed topics (please suggest more)
            > * open media initiatives
            > * videoblogging workflows
            > * upcoming events
            > * share your latest project
            > * show off your new equipment (or cat)
            > * just come and say 'hi'
            >
            > if you need help getting in, feel free to contact me via email or chat.
            >
            > Markus
            > http://twitter.com/apperceptions
            > skype: msandy
            > aim/ichat: markus [dot] sandy [at] mac [dot] com

          • Julian Seery Gude
            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 29, 2009
              I just wanted to say 'HI' and that I'm looking forward to seeing the
              archive from the meetup today. Wish I could be there.

              Also, thanks to Rupert and other group members who have introduced me
              to 12seconds.tv. It's definitely got a lot going for it and I know
              I'll be even more into 12seconds.tv once I get a 3GS! My only
              complaint is that 12seconds.tv keeps crashing my browser. I'm sure
              they'll get it worked out.

              My 12 second shout out to you:
              http://12seconds.tv/channel/jinfinite8/233718

              Cheers

              Julian

              Julian Seery Gude
              jinfinite8@...
              http://blog.julians.name and http://www.localna8ion.com
              { im / twitter } Jinfinite8
              (561) 584-9088
              http://www.google.com/profiles/JulianSeeryGude

              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 29, 2009
                Hi Gena,

                I pulled together some fun material on workflow and flip's that we
                might use to spur some discussion. i'll post links in the conference
                and on delicious under video+workflow

                Also, sending this as a reminder to everyone and pardon the caps:

                VIDEO CONFERENCE STARTING NOW

                for the next three hours.

                Hope you can make it.

                Here is link

                http://fm.ea-tel.eu/fm/28db8f-18170

                use the flash control settings if you need to tweak camera or audio
                settings

                markus

                On Aug 29, 2009, at 9:01 AM, compumavengal wrote:

                > Oh please, yes work flow, anything on work flow and how to help mass
                > quantities of newbies with FlipCams setting one up when they don't
                > know a thing about video.

              • Rupert Howe
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 29, 2009
                  Reminder: Flashmeeting Now!

                  Got to put my kids to bed - so will be late joining.

                  See you there

                  Rupert
                  http://twittervlog.tv