Re: which videoblogs do you recommend?

  • cfboeninger
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009
      As someone who is just getting my feet wet with video blogging, I appreciate the list you have created, Rupert. I'll definitely check out the list for some ideas.

      Thanks,
      Chad

      http://libraryvoice.com/videos

      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009
        > I have a page which lists the videoblogs I subscribe to, together with an
        > OPML file which contains all their feeds, so you can easily import them all
        > into your feed reader.
        > But I have to say, I've been very slack about both posting and watching for
        > a long time. I have no idea how many people on my list are currently
        > posting. I see fewer and fewer links to videoblog posts in Twitter.

        Yeah, I know I havent posted a new personal video in quite a while,
        though Ive been doing plenty of regular video work with my partner,
        Ryanne. I still record regularly and have a huge archives. I feel in a
        couple years we're going to get a huge deluge of "let's look back"
        videos.

        Most videos I watch are ones that pop up in my twitter stream.

        http://ryanishungry.com
        http://jaydedman.com
        http://twitter.com/jaydedman
        917 371 6790
      • Rupert Howe
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009
          Great :)

          Nice to meet you! I've been away from the list for a while - and
          scanning the recent messages, there are quite a few people I haven't
          seen here before, which is great - especially as I noticed that the
          volume of messages on the list dropped to its lowest ever level in
          July (though still averaging 6 posts a day).

          As has been said before, the reduction in activity here is probably
          because a lot of the technological challenges of posting video have
          either been resolved or are answered elsewhere, and a lot of chatter
          and other more social stuff happens on Twitter. Will be interesting
          to see what will happen here as we undergo the next wave of this
          massive paradigm shift in media consumption.

          Might be a good time for everybody to share Twitter names again. I'm:
          http://twitter.com/twittervlog

          Rupert

          On 4-Aug-09, at 5:30 PM, cfboeninger wrote:

          > As someone who is just getting my feet wet with video blogging, I
          > appreciate the list you have created, Rupert. I'll definitely check
          > out the list for some ideas.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Chad
          >
          > http://libraryvoice.com/videos
          >
          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "ruperthowe" <rupert@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have a page which lists the videoblogs I subscribe to, together
          > with an OPML file which contains all their feeds, so you can easily
          > import them all into your feed reader.
          > >
          > > But I have to say, I've been very slack about both posting and
          > watching for a long time. I have no idea how many people on my list
          > are currently posting. I see fewer and fewer links to videoblog
          > posts in Twitter.
          > >
          > > The list is here. If anyone has a vlog I haven't included, let me
          > know.
          > >
          > > http://twittervlog.tv/vlog/
          > >
          > > Rupert
          > >
          > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "spencersoper"
          > <spencersoper@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Folks,
          > > > Which video blogs do you find yourself checking regularly? What
          > is it you like about them? What makes them engaging?
          > > > Thanks

        • David King
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009
            Cool - my twitter name's in my sig ... http://www.twitter.com/davidleeking

            David Lee King
            davidleeking.com - blog
            davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog
            twitter | skype: davidleeking

            On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

            > Great :)
            >
            > Nice to meet you! I've been away from the list for a while - and
            > scanning the recent messages, there are quite a few people I haven't
            > seen here before, which is great - especially as I noticed that the
            > volume of messages on the list dropped to its lowest ever level in
            > July (though still averaging 6 posts a day).
            >
            > As has been said before, the reduction in activity here is probably
            > because a lot of the technological challenges of posting video have
            > either been resolved or are answered elsewhere, and a lot of chatter
            > and other more social stuff happens on Twitter. Will be interesting
            > to see what will happen here as we undergo the next wave of this
            > massive paradigm shift in media consumption.
            >
            > Might be a good time for everybody to share Twitter names again. I'm:
            > http://twitter.com/twittervlog
            >
            > Rupert
            >
            > On 4-Aug-09, at 5:30 PM, cfboeninger wrote:
            >
            > > As someone who is just getting my feet wet with video blogging, I
            > > appreciate the list you have created, Rupert. I'll definitely check
            > > out the list for some ideas.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Chad
            > >
            > > http://libraryvoice.com/videos
            > >
            > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "ruperthowe" <rupert@...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I have a page which lists the videoblogs I subscribe to, together
            > > with an OPML file which contains all their feeds, so you can easily
            > > import them all into your feed reader.
            > > >
            > > > But I have to say, I've been very slack about both posting and
            > > watching for a long time. I have no idea how many people on my list
            > > are currently posting. I see fewer and fewer links to videoblog
            > > posts in Twitter.
            > > >
            > > > The list is here. If anyone has a vlog I haven't included, let me
            > > know.
            > > >
            > > > http://twittervlog.tv/vlog/
            > > >
            > > > Rupert
            > > >
            > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "spencersoper"

            > > is it you like about them? What makes them engaging?

          • Chad Boeninger
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009
              Here's my twitter name
              http://twitter.com/cfboeninger

              On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM, David King <davidleeking@...> wrote:

              > Cool - my twitter name's in my sig ... http://www.twitter.com/davidleeking
              >
              > David Lee King
              > davidleeking.com - blog
              > davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog
              > twitter | skype: davidleeking
              >

              > On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Rupert Howe <rupert@...<rupert%40twittervlog.tv>>
              > wrote:
              >
              > > Great :)
              > >
              > > Nice to meet you! I've been away from the list for a while - and
              > > scanning the recent messages, there are quite a few people I haven't
              > > seen here before, which is great - especially as I noticed that the
              > > volume of messages on the list dropped to its lowest ever level in
              > > July (though still averaging 6 posts a day).
              > >
              > > As has been said before, the reduction in activity here is probably
              > > because a lot of the technological challenges of posting video have
              > > either been resolved or are answered elsewhere, and a lot of chatter
              > > and other more social stuff happens on Twitter. Will be interesting
              > > to see what will happen here as we undergo the next wave of this
              > > massive paradigm shift in media consumption.
              > >
              > > Might be a good time for everybody to share Twitter names again. I'm:
              > > http://twitter.com/twittervlog
              > >
              > > Rupert
              > >
              > > On 4-Aug-09, at 5:30 PM, cfboeninger wrote:
              > >
              > > > As someone who is just getting my feet wet with video blogging, I
              > > > appreciate the list you have created, Rupert. I'll definitely check
              > > > out the list for some ideas.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks,
              > > > Chad
              > > >
              > > > http://libraryvoice.com/videos
              > > >
              > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,

              > > > with an OPML file which contains all their feeds, so you can easily
              > > > import them all into your feed reader.

              > > > watching for a long time. I have no idea how many people on my list
              > > > are currently posting. I see fewer and fewer links to videoblog
              > > > posts in Twitter.

              > > > know.

              > > > is it you like about them? What makes them engaging?

            • Lauren Galanter
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009
                Thank you Rupert, for including me in your list. Though I haven't posted a
                video in forever! (I've posted text posts about open video). Hmm, perhaps I
                should make one soon! :-)

                My twitter is @laureng

                Lauren Galanter

                www.laurengalanter.com
                www.linkedin.com/in/laureng
                610-761-4435

                On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Chad Boeninger <cfboeninger@...>wrote:

                > Here's my twitter name
                > http://twitter.com/cfboeninger
                >

                > On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM, David King <davidleeking@...<davidleeking%40gmail.com>>
                > wrote:
                >

                > > Cool - my twitter name's in my sig ...
                > http://www.twitter.com/davidleeking
                > >
                > > David Lee King
                > > davidleeking.com - blog
                > > davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog
                > > twitter | skype: davidleeking
                > >

                > > On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Rupert Howe <rupert@...<rupert%40twittervlog.tv>
                > <rupert%40twittervlog.tv>>
                > > wrote:
                > >
                > > > Great :)
                > > >
                > > > Nice to meet you! I've been away from the list for a while - and
                > > > scanning the recent messages, there are quite a few people I haven't
                > > > seen here before, which is great - especially as I noticed that the
                > > > volume of messages on the list dropped to its lowest ever level in
                > > > July (though still averaging 6 posts a day).
                > > >
                > > > As has been said before, the reduction in activity here is probably
                > > > because a lot of the technological challenges of posting video have
                > > > either been resolved or are answered elsewhere, and a lot of chatter
                > > > and other more social stuff happens on Twitter. Will be interesting
                > > > to see what will happen here as we undergo the next wave of this
                > > > massive paradigm shift in media consumption.
                > > >
                > > > Might be a good time for everybody to share Twitter names again. I'm:
                > > > http://twitter.com/twittervlog
                > > >
                > > > Rupert

                > 40yahoogroups.com>,

                > <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > > "spencersoper"

              • John Coffey
                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009
                  Thanks Rupert, add a bunch of new ones to my Google Reader now.
                  John Coffey

                  > I have a page which lists the videoblogs I subscribe to, together with an

                  > OPML file which contains all their feeds, so you can easily import them all

                  > into your feed reader.

                  > But I have to say, I've been very slack about both posting and watching for

                  > a long time. I have no idea how many people on my list are currently

                  > posting. I see fewer and fewer links to videoblog posts in Twitter.

                  Yeah, I know I havent posted a new personal video in quite a while,

                  though Ive been doing plenty of regular video work with my partner,

                  Ryanne. I still record regularly and have a huge archives. I feel in a

                  couple years we're going to get a huge deluge of "let's look back"

                  videos.

                  Most videos I watch are ones that pop up in my twitter stream.

                  http://ryanishungry .com

                  http://jaydedman. com

                  http://twitter. com/jaydedman

                • Jan McLaughlin
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009
                    Yah, thanks Rupert, for subscribing.

                    Humbled for I think you a great innovator.

                    :)

                    Been spreading more media over @ Facebook since it reaches both HS
                    friends, family & film colleagues with ease.

                    Don't much vlog on the vlog (http://fauxpress.blogspot.com) any more.
                    Been mostly going through archives to post to Facebook as I reconnect
                    with previous motion picture collaborators: having recently digitized
                    a bunch of stuff from 80's & 90's vhs, 16 and 35mm. Gotta do it, ya
                    know: keep up with the technology. Don't think most of that group are
                    hip enough really to dig RSS etc., but FB reaches the masses I
                    need/want to reach in a less-than-wanker and more-than-a-wallflower
                    way.

                    Been making films for friends a lot, too. Instant documentaries. Art &
                    baseball reels among the lab rats.

                    Pretty good results.

                    Would love to do more of that.

                    Jan

                    http://twitter.com/fauxpress

                    Jan McLaughlin
                    Production Sound Mixer
                    air = 862-571-5334
                    aim = janofsound
                    skype = janmclaughlin

                    On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 3:01 PM, John Coffey<jimmycrackhead2000@...> wrote:
                    > Thanks Rupert, add a bunch of new ones to my Google Reader now.
                    > John Coffey

                  • Spencer Soper
                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009
                      These are some great vlogs, Rupert. Thanks for sharing. I loved that MissBHavens, and the catepillars in the toilet were rather bizarre.
                      Here's mine if you want to check it out. Started it about a year ago. We make stupid videos baed on tips for saving money:
                      http://www.mcall.com/onthecheap
                      Thanks again for sharing. I like to see what else is out there.
                      Spencer

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009
                        > These are some great vlogs, Rupert. Thanks for sharing. I loved that
                        > MissBHavens, and the catepillars in the toilet were rather bizarre.

                        Videos of catepillars in the toilet . That's be me...unless theres
                        some weird genre I didnt know about.
                        http://momentshowing.net/2008/11/video-caterpillars-is-a-weird-word/
                        I'm at http://twiter.com/jaydedman

                        http://ryanishungry.com
                        http://jaydedman.com
                        http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                        917 371 6790
                      • David Howell
                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009
                          You probably want to remove davidhowellstudios.com off the list Ru. It's gone and not coming back.

                          Moved on to other things :)

                          David

                          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "ruperthowe" <rupert@...> wrote:

                          > I have a page which lists the videoblogs I subscribe to, together with an OPML file which contains all their feeds, so you can easily import them all into your feed reader.
                          >
                          > But I have to say, I've been very slack about both posting and watching for a long time. I have no idea how many people on my list are currently posting. I see fewer and fewer links to videoblog posts in Twitter.
                          >
                          > The list is here. If anyone has a vlog I haven't included, let me know.
                          >
                          > http://twittervlog.tv/vlog/
                          >
                          > Rupert
                          >
                          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "spencersoper" <spencersoper@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Folks,
                          > > Which video blogs do you find yourself checking regularly? What is it you like about them? What makes them engaging?
                          > > Thanks

                        • Gena
                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 5, 2009
                            There's the rub, I've been watching a lot of video online when I am researching a topic for a post. That is how I found a whole community of dance blogs and dance vlogs. Using Blip.tv and YouTube to find non-media content when I'm trying to find if possible user generated video on topics.

                            http://danceaday.com is an archive of one of them.

                            The tech problems have been reduced. The new challenges are distribution and awareness of user generated video. Also busting out of the echo chambers of our various online communities.

                            I don't Twitter much but @GenaHaskett

                            Gena, in lurk mode way more than she wants to be.
                            In Alpha on new blog:

                            http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com

                            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "spencersoper" <spencersoper@...> wrote:

                            > Folks,
                            > Which video blogs do you find yourself checking regularly? What is it you like about them? What makes them engaging?
                            > Thanks

                          • Kath O'Donnell
                            Message 13 of 18 , Aug 5, 2009
                              thanks Rupert. I tend to watch some on your list when I have a chance + ones
                              in the projects eg VloMo, vbweek when I get in a videoing frenzy. & if any
                              are mentioned in the artist in the clouds list I watch them + lately ones in
                              the twitter stream though I miss some due to timezone differences unless I
                              search back but don't always have time to do that. so I guess a few people
                              here are my filters :) @kathodonnell

                              > _

                            • Spencer Soper
                              Message 14 of 18 , Aug 5, 2009
                                I enjoyed the catepillars. I've always been kind of creeped out by catepillars, so I liked the ending.