Re: [Artists in the Cloud] Re: Storytelling software

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2009
      > I didn't see anything that couldn't be done with simple html. It would
      > then have the added bonuses of being indexible and searchable instead
      > of being dropped into a giant flash box.

      True...I guess what this software does is make the process easier:
      http://www.korsakow.org/Quick+Start&bl=y
      Instead of coding the HTML, it makes the files for you. All you do is
      arrange the media.

      I wonder if this kind of storytelling could be done with HTML5 stuff, easily?

      Honestly, I havent used this yet...so just pointing to an interesting
      possibility.

      http://ryanishungry.com
      http://jaydedman.com
      http://twitter.com/jaydedman
      917 371 6790
    • Adrian Miles
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
        not quite, what it does is:

        1. allow you to apply multiple tags to individual clips
        2. these tags can have boolean conditions attached (eg find clips that
        don't = this)
        3. you can also constrain based on number of views (eg this clip can
        only be presented 3 times)
        4. the tags can have time code, so when cliip A is selected a search
        is done for matching clips (based on any or all arguments you write
        using boolean searches), but you can have this search done when Clip A
        loads, at 10 seconds, at 30 seconds, all of these.

        generally you view a main video window with thumbnails below of clips
        that match the arguments, select thumbnail below and that becomes main
        clip and the arguments this has are now run...

        the tags can be thought of as like links (or edits) but instead of a
        clip having one link to another it now can have a multitude, this can
        produce work that is highly linear to very cloud like, and
        combinations in between. It is probably one of the more robust, and
        certainly easiest to use, systems for making multilinear video.

        On 01/08/2009, at 2:51 AM, Michael Verdi wrote:

        > I didn't see anything that couldn't be done with simple html. It would
        > then have the added bonuses of being indexible and searchable instead
        > of being dropped into a giant flash box.

        cheers
        Adrian Miles
        adrian.miles@...
        Program Director, Bachelor of Communication Honours
        vogmae.net.au