Scooter Helmet Cam

  • David Howell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2009
      I went and got myself a Kodak Zx1 last weekend. Ended up mounting it in my motorcycle helmet for making vlog posts while I ride around Victoria on my new scooter. Paid $170 Canadian for it.

      Anyone that's wondering about the quality, well, it's pretty decent. Even on YouTube.

      http://www.youtube.com/davidhowellca

      I'm pretty impressed this little camera did this well.

      Oh...and I guess this means I'll be "vlogging" again ;)

      David
      http://disposablemedia.ca
      http://davidhowell.ca
    • Gena
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2009
        Welcome back kid,

        I have the Kodak Zi6 that I'm liking a lot. Not ready to shoot in 60fps yet but yeah, its cool.

        Gena
        http://outonthetstoop.blogspot.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 29, 2009
          > I went and got myself a Kodak Zx1 last weekend. Ended up mounting it in my
          > motorcycle helmet for making vlog posts while I ride around Victoria on my
          > new scooter. Paid $170 Canadian for it.
          > Anyone that's wondering about the quality, well, it's pretty decent. Even on
          > YouTube.
          > http://www.youtube.com/davidhowellca

          Sweet! The visuals looks sharp...and the audio is awesome. Your voice
          is so clear.

          What were the tutorials you used to mount the camera to the helmet. Im
          surprised how stable it is.

          Im also impressed with how clean your Youtube page is:
          http://www.youtube.com/davidhowellca

          http://ryanishungry.com
          http://jaydedman.com
          http://twitter.com/jaydedman
          917 371 6790
        • David Howell
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 29, 2009
            the helmet is mounted inside the helmet. I was planning on making a quick video showing how I did it. Basically, it's being held in there with Velcro. The small size of the camera makes it a lot easier to do and it stays put of my line of sight.

            David
            http://disposablemedia.ca
            http://davidhowell.ca