Re: [videoblogging] Re: Which cheapo Mini HD Camcorder would you buy today?

  • Markus Sandy
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 2, 2009
      On Jul 2, 2009, at 7:03 AM, ryanne hodson wrote:

      > just to add to this
      > the flip usually plays nice on the mac if you've installed the codec
      > that
      > came on the camera
      > i believe it's the 3ivx codec
      > however it doesn't play or import into iMovie 09 from what i've tried
      > (though it converts great in imovie 06, damnit apple)
      > though i need to update to the newest imovie, maybe they've added
      > support
      > for flip, which would be radical
      > -ryanne

      fwiw, i have two macs and a flip HD

      I have only inserted the camera into one mac, so if codec is being
      installed, it's only on that one system

      but i have edited video on both systems using imovie09 without any
      issues, so seems to work fine

    • David King
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 8, 2009
        It's because I laid hands on my Mac first and then did a rain dance :-)

        That's pretty freaky that 75% of your class could, but 25% couldn't!

        One more thought on the differences between our two Macs - I don't have
        iMovie 06 on mine ... I wonder if that makes some crazy difference?

        David Lee King
        davidleeking.com - blog
        davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog
        twitter | skype: davidleeking