Re: Tangent, a crowdfunding experiment

  • David Howell
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1 11:59 AM
      Looks cool. Reminds me of that TV show "Connections". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connections_(TV_series) Always loved it!

      Great idea on pulling people in as investors to fund it.

      Good luck with the project!

      David
      http://www.disposablemedia.ca

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adam Quirk <quirk@...> wrote:

      > Hey all,
      > I just launched a new project called Tangent. It's a bit more coherent than
      > things I've made in the past.
      >
      > It's a history series that shows how all things past, present, and future
      > are related and reciprocal. The pilot episode shows how credit cards are
      > related to the Pledge of Allegiance, Eisenhower, and the Interstate Highway
      > System.
      > http://tangent.ws
      >
      > The show is only half the news though. I'm also crowdfunding the production
      > budget. I've split the show up into $10 shares, kept 51%, and am selling off
      > the other 49% to individual investors. These investors will potentially
      > profit from any ad revenue or licensing fees the show makes over the next 2
      > years.
      >
      > I've laid it out in fairly simple terms here:
      > http://tangent.ws/funding
      >
      > So if you have some extra loot lying around (and really who doesn't these
      > days), I'd love your support. I'm going to be busting my ass to get this
      > thing spread across the web, and glad-handing my way into as many
      > distribution deals as possible. So it may actually be possible to make some
      > money off this thing. No promises though.
      >
      > Also, if you have any press contacts that may be interested in this sort of
      > crowdfunding/microfinancing story, please send them my way.
      >
      > Ok,
      > AQ
      >
      > http://tangent.ws
      > http://wreckandsalvage.com

    • Michael Sullivan
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1 12:02 PM
        I added your project and text from the about page.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1 12:44 PM
          > I just launched a new project called Tangent. It's a bit more coherent than
          > things I've made in the past.
          > It's a history series that shows how all things past, present, and future
          > are related and reciprocal. The pilot episode shows how credit cards are
          > related to the Pledge of Allegiance, Eisenhower, and the Interstate Highway
          > System.
          > http://tangent.ws

          Did you use Wordpress to create this site?

          http://ryanishungry.com
          http://jaydedman.com
          http://twitter.com/jaydedman
          917 371 6790
        • Quirk
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1 1:48 PM
            Yeah, it's a theme called TV Elements. I just added the "Download" link on the bottom left of the video, and integrated an Amazon shopping cart on the http://tangent.ws/funding page
            Sent via dynamic wireless technology device

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1 2:13 PM
              > Yeah, it's a theme called TV Elements. I just added the "Download" link on the bottom left of the video, and integrated an Amazon >shopping cart on the http://tangent.ws/funding page

              Site really looks good.
              Conspiracy theories or truth? You decide.

              http://ryanishungry.com
              http://jaydedman.com
              http://twitter.com/jaydedman
              917 371 6790