Re: [videoblogging] Tangent, a crowdfunding experiment

  • Adam Quirk
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
      Thanks Sull.
      And thanks for doing all the legwork for me when I was researching
      crowdfunding :)
      http://crowdfunding.pbworks.com/

      On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...>wrote:

      > nice, adam!
      >
      > On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Adam Quirk <quirk@...
      > >wrote:
      >

      > > Hey all,
      > > I just launched a new project called Tangent. It's a bit more coherent
      > than
      > > things I've made in the past.
      > >
      > > It's a history series that shows how all things past, present, and future
      > > are related and reciprocal. The pilot episode shows how credit cards are
      > > related to the Pledge of Allegiance, Eisenhower, and the Interstate
      > Highway
      > > System.
      > > http://tangent.ws
      > >
      > > The show is only half the news though. I'm also crowdfunding the
      > production
      > > budget. I've split the show up into $10 shares, kept 51%, and am selling
      > > off
      > > the other 49% to individual investors. These investors will potentially
      > > profit from any ad revenue or licensing fees the show makes over the next
      > 2
      > > years.
      > >
      > > I've laid it out in fairly simple terms here:
      > > http://tangent.ws/funding
      > >
      > > So if you have some extra loot lying around (and really who doesn't these
      > > days), I'd love your support. I'm going to be busting my ass to get this
      > > thing spread across the web, and glad-handing my way into as many
      > > distribution deals as possible. So it may actually be possible to make
      > some
      > > money off this thing. No promises though.
      > >
      > > Also, if you have any press contacts that may be interested in this sort
      > of
      > > crowdfunding/microfinancing story, please send them my way.
      > >
      > > Ok,
      > > AQ
      > >
      > > http://tangent.ws
      > > http://wreckandsalvage.com

    • David Howell
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
        Looks cool. Reminds me of that TV show "Connections". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connections_(TV_series) Always loved it!

        Great idea on pulling people in as investors to fund it.

        Good luck with the project!

        David
        http://www.disposablemedia.ca

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adam Quirk <quirk@...> wrote:

        > Hey all,
        > I just launched a new project called Tangent. It's a bit more coherent than
        > things I've made in the past.
        >
        > It's a history series that shows how all things past, present, and future
        > are related and reciprocal. The pilot episode shows how credit cards are
        > related to the Pledge of Allegiance, Eisenhower, and the Interstate Highway
        > System.
        > http://tangent.ws
        >
        > The show is only half the news though. I'm also crowdfunding the production
        > budget. I've split the show up into $10 shares, kept 51%, and am selling off
        > the other 49% to individual investors. These investors will potentially
        > profit from any ad revenue or licensing fees the show makes over the next 2
        > years.
        >
        > I've laid it out in fairly simple terms here:
        > http://tangent.ws/funding
        >
        > So if you have some extra loot lying around (and really who doesn't these
        > days), I'd love your support. I'm going to be busting my ass to get this
        > thing spread across the web, and glad-handing my way into as many
        > distribution deals as possible. So it may actually be possible to make some
        > money off this thing. No promises though.
        >
        > Also, if you have any press contacts that may be interested in this sort of
        > crowdfunding/microfinancing story, please send them my way.
        >
        > Ok,
        > AQ
        >
        > http://tangent.ws
        > http://wreckandsalvage.com

      • Michael Sullivan
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
          I added your project and text from the about page.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
            > I just launched a new project called Tangent. It's a bit more coherent than
            > things I've made in the past.
            > It's a history series that shows how all things past, present, and future
            > are related and reciprocal. The pilot episode shows how credit cards are
            > related to the Pledge of Allegiance, Eisenhower, and the Interstate Highway
            > System.
            > http://tangent.ws

            Did you use Wordpress to create this site?

            http://ryanishungry.com
            http://jaydedman.com
            http://twitter.com/jaydedman
            917 371 6790
          • Quirk
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
              Yeah, it's a theme called TV Elements. I just added the "Download" link on the bottom left of the video, and integrated an Amazon shopping cart on the http://tangent.ws/funding page
              Sent via dynamic wireless technology device

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
                > Yeah, it's a theme called TV Elements. I just added the "Download" link on the bottom left of the video, and integrated an Amazon >shopping cart on the http://tangent.ws/funding page

                Site really looks good.
                Conspiracy theories or truth? You decide.

                http://ryanishungry.com
                http://jaydedman.com
                http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                917 371 6790