Re: Which cheapo Mini HD Camcorder would you buy today?

  • Jarod Dixon
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 1 8:59 AM
      I figured that clip would show how it does in a poorly lit situation. That place (obviously) has just a bit of red lighting which my normally awesome Cannon just hates.

      Only thing I dislike about the flips is it's form factor - but that's just my preference. I find the Xacti's more comfortable.

      iPhone at 720 would be fantastic!

      Jarod

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Julian Seery Gude <julian@...> wrote:

      > Hey Jarod,
      >
      > Great example - I think the video looks and sounds pretty good for a
      > live performance. But screw video, let's talk about your bass and your
      > band! I plugged in my headphones, clicked on the HD button on YouTube
      > and really enjoyed you guys! Great tune. Must go practice guitar now.
      >
      > Julian
      >

      > On Jul 1, 2009, at 10:37 AM, Jarod Dixon wrote:
      >

      > > Friend has a Flip Ultra HD, and it does a LOT better in low light
      > > than my Cannon HF-100.
      > >
      > > As for sound it seems ok, but he mainly puts it in situations where
      > > the volume is a bit too much:
      > >
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChBKTVYB0kY
      > >
      > > (achem, me on bass)
      > >
      > > Jarod the seldom poster.
      > >
      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Julian Seery Gude"
      > > <julian@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I'd love your take on the best cheap Mini HD camcorder.
      > > >
      > > > Here are the contenders as far as I can tell (please add on your
      > > fave if you prefer it over these)
      > > >
      > > > - Flip Ultra HD
      > > > - Flip Mino HD
      > > > - Sanyo Xacti VPC-CG10
      > > > - Kodak Zi6
      > > >
      > > > I admit I like the pistol grip form factor of the Xacti and prefer
      > > both the Kodak/Xacti because you can use your own memory card. BUT,
      > > I've watched videos' on Vimeo where the Flips having better video
      > > quality and low light performance. What about sound quality? The
      > > Flip's seem to do poorly in this area?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > >
      > > > Julian
      > > >

      > ---
      > Julian Seery Gude
      > julian@... {561} 584-9088 {skype} exceler8
      > chief exceler8or @ exceler8 Corporation ~ www.exceler8.com
      > editor @ LOCAL Na8ion ~ www.LOCALNa8ion.com
      > Learn more about me: http://www.google.com/profiles/JulianSeeryGude

    • David King
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 8 6:44 AM
        It's because I laid hands on my Mac first and then did a rain dance :-)

        That's pretty freaky that 75% of your class could, but 25% couldn't!

        One more thought on the differences between our two Macs - I don't have
        iMovie 06 on mine ... I wonder if that makes some crazy difference?

        David Lee King
        davidleeking.com - blog
        davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog
        twitter | skype: davidleeking