Re: [videoblogging] Re: Which cheapo Mini HD Camcorder would you buy today?

  • Kevin Lim
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 1, 2009
      Mark my words... iPhoneHD.

      iPhone 3GS video chipset already handles 720p, so it's a matter of time :P

      Kevin Lim
      Cyberculturalist
      http://theory.isthereason.com
      This email is: [ ] bloggable [X] ask first [ ] private
      email locator: ╔╗╔═╦╗ ║╚╣║║╚╗ ╚═╩═╩═╝

      On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Julian Seery Gude<julian@...> wrote:

      > LOL. Bill - you know that's exactly what I've been tossing and turning
      > about! I know I need/want the 30fps mobile video of the iPhone 3GS but I
      > love the idea of HD from watching all that pretty footage on Vimeo. I'd like
      > to do both but the misses would have my head! :-)
      >
      > Julian
      >
      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Julian Seery Gude" <julian@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> I'd love your take on the best cheap Mini HD camcorder.
      >>
      >> Here are the contenders as far as I can tell (please add on your fave if
      >> you prefer it over these)
      >>
      >> - Flip Ultra HD
      >> - Flip Mino HD
      >> - Sanyo Xacti VPC-CG10
      >> - Kodak Zi6
      >>
      >> I admit I like the pistol grip form factor of the Xacti and prefer both
      >> the Kodak/Xacti because you can use your own memory card. BUT, I've watched
      >> videos' on Vimeo where the Flips having better video quality and low light
      >> performance. What about sound quality? The Flip's seem to do poorly in this
      >> area?
      >>
      >> Thanks
      >>
      >> Julian

    • David King
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 8, 2009
        It's because I laid hands on my Mac first and then did a rain dance :-)

        That's pretty freaky that 75% of your class could, but 25% couldn't!

        One more thought on the differences between our two Macs - I don't have
        iMovie 06 on mine ... I wonder if that makes some crazy difference?

        David Lee King
        davidleeking.com - blog
        davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog
        twitter | skype: davidleeking