Which cheapo Mini HD Camcorder would you buy today?

  • Julian Seery Gude
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 1, 2009
      I'd love your take on the best cheap Mini HD camcorder.

      Here are the contenders as far as I can tell (please add on your fave if you prefer it over these)

      - Flip Ultra HD
      - Flip Mino HD
      - Sanyo Xacti VPC-CG10
      - Kodak Zi6

      I admit I like the pistol grip form factor of the Xacti and prefer both the Kodak/Xacti because you can use your own memory card. BUT, I've watched videos' on Vimeo where the Flips having better video quality and low light performance. What about sound quality? The Flip's seem to do poorly in this area?

      Thanks

      Julian
    • David King
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 8, 2009
        It's because I laid hands on my Mac first and then did a rain dance :-)

        That's pretty freaky that 75% of your class could, but 25% couldn't!

        One more thought on the differences between our two Macs - I don't have
        iMovie 06 on mine ... I wonder if that makes some crazy difference?

        David Lee King
        davidleeking.com - blog
        davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog
        twitter | skype: davidleeking