Re: [videoblogging] Daily Motion experiments with Open Vieo

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2009
      > Because ultimately, if you want to preserve your work for the future,
      > open formats are the way to go...

      agreed...though many people value ease of use over longterm archives.
      This will change as the first wave of video creators get older and
      struggle to keep their older work viable in proprietary formats.
      Remember when REAL video was the de-facto standard? I still run across
      archives that are still require REAL to watch.

      Also, an open source codec allows for the community to create an
      infinite number of tools...without the fear of the tools breaking if a
      change is made. I think it'll allow for a lot more creativity at a
      much lower price.

      we have a long way to go, but it feels as if it's really starting to
      come together now: http://openvideoconference.org/

      http://ryanishungry.com
      http://jaydedman.com
      http://twitter.com/jaydedman