Youtube response to Boxee/Hulu?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2009
      Markus just pointed me to: http://www.youtube.com/blog?entry=ByKmsHdhra8

      Last January we introduced a video website especially for people who wanted
      > to access YouTube videos through their Sony PS3 and Nintendo Wii game
      > consoles. You could say we've now "expanded" on that. Just as there's a
      > YouTube browser for mobile devices, the new YouTube XL is optimized for
      > watching YouTube videos on any large screen.

      You can see an example here: http://www.youtube.com/xl

      I assume Youtube is trying to make sure they have a TV interface for their
      content....instead of just getting their content sucked into these other
      interfaces. I also assume that Youtube will start partnering with more
      commercial content like Hulu is doing now. Just a hunch.

      http://ryanishungry.com
      http://jaydedman.com
      http://twitter.com/jaydedman