TOS showdown

    Message 1 of 1 , May 16 3:21 AM
      This site offers summaries of the Terms Of Service for popular free video
      hosting services.
      He asks:

      1. Which rights of my work I would have to give away,
      2. what usage rights I could assign to my viewers,
      3. what level of privacy I could expect in terms of disclosure of my
      data,
      4. and where a service had its legal residence in case of a dispute.

      Check out his findings here:
      http://advancingusability.wordpress.com/2009/05/06/owned-legal-terms-of-video-hosting-services-compared/
      I was surprised to read that Vimeo claims significant rights to uploaded
      content.

      http://ryanishungry.com
      http://jaydedman.com
      http://twitter.com/jaydedman