Re: [videoblogging] Reminder: Open Video Conference in June

  • schlomo rabinowitz
    Message 1 of 39 , May 15, 2009
      Me!

      Schlomo Rabinowitz
      http://schlomo.tv - finally moving to wordpress
      http://hatfactory.net - relaxed coworking
      AIM:schlomochat

      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 9 3:46 AM
        > Just searching on Vimeo for video from different countries and
        > continents, there's a massive amount of great quality stuff up there
        > from all over the world - unlike the noise and crap and TV show clips
        > that you get when you search on YouTube. Some from Western
        > travellers, but also a lot from NGOs and locals.
        > The reason I'm spamming the list with these things is that we've
        > talked here and in the Flashmeeting about what people in other parts
        > of the world are doing with video. Go search!

        I saw this post here:
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/documentaries/2009/08/090827_world_stories_new_media_kashmir.shtml

        Young men armed with their mobile phones are capturing every disturbance in
        > the disputed state of Kashmir in an effort to combat what they see as
        > restrictive policing.
        >
        > In doing so, they have sent their images from phone to phone and loaded
        > them on to the internet to reach an audience way beyond their borders.

        I think in the next 5 years, we'll see a lot more video from all over the
        world. I know in activist circles, getting people trained to record and
        upload video is a huge priority. I assume it'll spread from there.

        http://ryanishungry.com
        http://jaydedman.com
        http://twitter.com/jaydedman