Re: [videoblogging] best way to market video?

  • Rupert
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2009
      Urig,
      You'll find a lot of great answers to these kind of questions at http://freevlog.org
      There is no one 'best way'.
      It depends on the type of video.
      A blog is just a way of presenting a video.
      You could upload it to any one of a number of video sharing sites,
      including Blip.tv or Vimeo, for free. I don't know what Vimeo's file
      size and length limit is - I think Blip will take any reasonable
      length of video. YouTube will only accept 10 minute videos.
      You might as well use a sharing site, instead of hosting it on your
      own server and potentially paying for bandwidth if it gets popular.
      Also, you get passerby traffic on a video sharing site, which you
      wouldn't get on your own server.
      Then copy it onto a blog.
      But just doing all that is still not going to get you viewers. It's
      not a way to market it. People don't come and watch every video
      that's uploaded.
      The only way to market a video is to find ways to get people to watch
      it.
      And that's not a question anybody could answer here - you could write
      a book about it.
      And ultimately, it depends on what your video is about.
      There's billions of other videos out there - you have to ask yourself
      what's special about yours, what kind of people will like it, and how
      you are going to bring it to those people's attention, and get them to
      tell other people.

      Rupert
      http://twittervlog.tv