Re: Video blogging history/evolution

  • gintaras.miskinis
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1 1:18 PM
      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "gintaras.miskinis" <gintaras.miskinis@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I totally agree with you. My words, that you cite is the attitude of my
      > paper's chief and even university, because when student writes a
      > scientific work, he must use, well, let's say the mainstream media and
      > (or) scientific literature . In this case, as I've been searching for
      > history events in video blogging, I haven't found any (except Jay
      > Dedman's) "trusty" sources, that I could use like: "one author says,
      > that video blogging started that way, that year, etc.", "second author
      > says, that video blogging started absolutely not like that, like said
      > first author" - that's called information sources analysis (of
      > literature/journal's/posts). In this case, I just cannot compare, cite
      > "forum posts" and put them in bibliography list, which is very
      > formal...For me, as student and citizen, it is no difference: is it
      > mainstream or not. In mainstream I can hear "the official side" of the
      > fact/topic, and in the blog I can find the "backstage" of the same
      > fact/topic, and the information I find on the blog, is up to me - to
      > trust or not (search for more info, etc.).
      >
      > However, tomorrow, I'm going to meet my chief, and we will discuss about
      > that, and the results of "trustworthy and not sources" I will write
      > here...Thanks for posting !

      Just wanted to add, that a qualitative/trusty source, is a source which is written by a scientist or other person who is accepted by the society, i.e. has a expertise in branch. As I see, he must at leased published a book? (nonsense). Anyway, starting to get a headache of this unique case...
    • Rupert
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1 1:35 PM
        Truth is a dead tree.

        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1 1:38 PM
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSEaHyzbqTA

          On 1-Apr-09, at 1:35 PM, Rupert wrote:
          > Truth is a dead tree.
          >
          > On 1-Apr-09, at 1:18 PM, gintaras.miskinis wrote:
          > > Just wanted to add, that a qualitative/trusty source, is a source
          > > which is written by a scientist or other person who is accepted by
          > > the society, i.e. has a expertise in branch. As I see, he must at
          > > leased published a book? (nonsense). Anyway, starting to get a
          > > headache of this unique case...

        • Patrick Delongchamp
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 1 1:46 PM
            ...explain

            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 1 1:49 PM
              > By the way, are there many people in Lithuania who are posting videos
              > online? If so, can you send any links?

              > http://ryanishungry.com
              > http://jaydedman.com
              > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
              > 917 371 6790

              There aren't many, actually. "Written" blogs are really popular, but video - hm...There are some:

              http://marketingasinternete.wordpress.com - about marketing on the internet. In my opinion not very professional, because there are a lot of twaddle and not much valuable information.

              http://www.zuokas.lt/category/video-kronika/page/2/ - some video posts of Lithuania's famous politician. Videos are uploaded very irregularly (what is common for all lithuanian video bloggers if we could name them like that).

              http://www.skamp.lt/ - music band blog. Actually, there are quite qualitative videos that I liked.

              http://www.zipfm.lt/putiklis/?laid-pava=2&kate=9&paie-zodi=&fail-tipa=-1 - local dj's and radio show manager's video blogs.

              Last year, I also tried to put some entries on our local country's "youtube", and observed the reactions, which wrote in my paper..But I cannot call it a successful project. Just a few videos:
              http://www.videogaga.lt/user/bwoy.

              Briefly, I can say, that there are no professional video blogers (maybe except skamp.lt) in our country, that I could name even waken up in the middle of the night and that those blogs would be at least regular...
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 1 2:05 PM
                > Last year, I also tried to put some entries on our local country's
                > "youtube", and observed the reactions, which wrote in my paper..But I cannot
                > call it a successful project. Just a few videos:
                > http://www.videogaga.lt/user/bwoy.

                To me, this is what it's all about. We can email back and forth like
                this in text....but now we can actually see your face and hear you
                talk. If you took your camera outside, you could introduce us to your
                family and your world. As cheesy as it sounds, that's really the big
                deal here. It can be as revolutionary as we want it to be.

                http://ryanishungry.com
                http://jaydedman.com
                http://twitter.com/jaydedman