Re: Video blogging history/evolution

  • gintaras.miskinis
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
      Hi,

      I totally agree with you. My words, that you cite is the attitude of my
      paper's chief and even university, because when student writes a
      scientific work, he must use, well, let's say the mainstream media and
      (or) scientific literature . In this case, as I've been searching for
      history events in video blogging, I haven't found any (except Jay
      Dedman's) "trusty" sources, that I could use like: "one author says,
      that video blogging started that way, that year, etc.", "second author
      says, that video blogging started absolutely not like that, like said
      first author" - that's called information sources analysis (of
      literature/journal's/posts). In this case, I just cannot compare, cite
      "forum posts" and put them in bibliography list, which is very
      formal...For me, as student and citizen, it is no difference: is it
      mainstream or not. In mainstream I can hear "the official side" of the
      fact/topic, and in the blog I can find the "backstage" of the same
      fact/topic, and the information I find on the blog, is up to me - to
      trust or not (search for more info, etc.).

      However, tomorrow, I'm going to meet my chief, and we will discuss about
      that, and the results of "trustworthy and not sources" I will write
      here...Thanks for posting !

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "~ FluxRostrum" <FluxRostrum@...>
      wrote:

      > howdy Gintaras,
      >
      > what is sad to me (as someone who video Blogs documentary/news pieces)
      > is this line of thought (which is not unique to you)
      > that mainstream is trustworthy and independent is not.
      >
      > " it is sad, that sources, which are not mainstream,
      > cannot be trusted..well, officially."
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      >
      > If mainstream was trustworthy I would NEVER have been a video blogger.
      > It was the main reason I choose to do this.
      >
      > You might want to be as skeptical of the mainstream as you are of
      independents.

      > MAINSTREAM is controlled by the major corporations of the world and
      they give information biased to benefit their corporations at the cost
      of the truth and they will DENY this until death much like politicians.

      > Independents Media sources are also biased but not toward the
      Corporate agenda.
      > They are more openly biased, like an advocate.
      >
      > Solidarity,
      > ~FluxRostrum
      >
      > homebase
      > http://Fluxview.com
      >
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      > current project
      > http://MobileBroadcastNews.org
      >
      > ~~~
      > NOTICE: NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Due to Presidential Executive Orders,
      the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning,
      warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative
      oversight. You have no recourse nor protection.
      > ~~~
      >

      > --
      > Powered By Outblaze

    • gintaras.miskinis
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "gintaras.miskinis" <gintaras.miskinis@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I totally agree with you. My words, that you cite is the attitude of my
        > paper's chief and even university, because when student writes a
        > scientific work, he must use, well, let's say the mainstream media and
        > (or) scientific literature . In this case, as I've been searching for
        > history events in video blogging, I haven't found any (except Jay
        > Dedman's) "trusty" sources, that I could use like: "one author says,
        > that video blogging started that way, that year, etc.", "second author
        > says, that video blogging started absolutely not like that, like said
        > first author" - that's called information sources analysis (of
        > literature/journal's/posts). In this case, I just cannot compare, cite
        > "forum posts" and put them in bibliography list, which is very
        > formal...For me, as student and citizen, it is no difference: is it
        > mainstream or not. In mainstream I can hear "the official side" of the
        > fact/topic, and in the blog I can find the "backstage" of the same
        > fact/topic, and the information I find on the blog, is up to me - to
        > trust or not (search for more info, etc.).
        >
        > However, tomorrow, I'm going to meet my chief, and we will discuss about
        > that, and the results of "trustworthy and not sources" I will write
        > here...Thanks for posting !

        Just wanted to add, that a qualitative/trusty source, is a source which is written by a scientist or other person who is accepted by the society, i.e. has a expertise in branch. As I see, he must at leased published a book? (nonsense). Anyway, starting to get a headache of this unique case...
      • Rupert
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
          Truth is a dead tree.

          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSEaHyzbqTA

            On 1-Apr-09, at 1:35 PM, Rupert wrote:
            > Truth is a dead tree.
            >
            > On 1-Apr-09, at 1:18 PM, gintaras.miskinis wrote:
            > > Just wanted to add, that a qualitative/trusty source, is a source
            > > which is written by a scientist or other person who is accepted by
            > > the society, i.e. has a expertise in branch. As I see, he must at
            > > leased published a book? (nonsense). Anyway, starting to get a
            > > headache of this unique case...

          • Patrick Delongchamp
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
              ...explain

              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                > By the way, are there many people in Lithuania who are posting videos
                > online? If so, can you send any links?

                > http://ryanishungry.com
                > http://jaydedman.com
                > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                > 917 371 6790

                There aren't many, actually. "Written" blogs are really popular, but video - hm...There are some:

                http://marketingasinternete.wordpress.com - about marketing on the internet. In my opinion not very professional, because there are a lot of twaddle and not much valuable information.

                http://www.zuokas.lt/category/video-kronika/page/2/ - some video posts of Lithuania's famous politician. Videos are uploaded very irregularly (what is common for all lithuanian video bloggers if we could name them like that).

                http://www.skamp.lt/ - music band blog. Actually, there are quite qualitative videos that I liked.

                http://www.zipfm.lt/putiklis/?laid-pava=2&kate=9&paie-zodi=&fail-tipa=-1 - local dj's and radio show manager's video blogs.

                Last year, I also tried to put some entries on our local country's "youtube", and observed the reactions, which wrote in my paper..But I cannot call it a successful project. Just a few videos:
                http://www.videogaga.lt/user/bwoy.

                Briefly, I can say, that there are no professional video blogers (maybe except skamp.lt) in our country, that I could name even waken up in the middle of the night and that those blogs would be at least regular...
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                  > Last year, I also tried to put some entries on our local country's
                  > "youtube", and observed the reactions, which wrote in my paper..But I cannot
                  > call it a successful project. Just a few videos:
                  > http://www.videogaga.lt/user/bwoy.

                  To me, this is what it's all about. We can email back and forth like
                  this in text....but now we can actually see your face and hear you
                  talk. If you took your camera outside, you could introduce us to your
                  family and your world. As cheesy as it sounds, that's really the big
                  deal here. It can be as revolutionary as we want it to be.

                  http://ryanishungry.com
                  http://jaydedman.com
                  http://twitter.com/jaydedman