Re: [videoblogging] The Streamy Awards - The Hollywood Monster?

  • Jeffrey Taylor
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
      The Streamys were far from perfect, but there were as many steps in the
      right direction as there were in the same or wrong direction. If we want
      more independents like Zadi and Steve to be recognized for their exemplary
      work, I think we're going to have to concentrate more on where we create
      partisan rancor.

      2009/3/31 Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...>

      > "Are we recreating the Hollywood monster? Well, if the monster is a
      > monster
      > who needs recognition and validation for the work it has labored over, if
      > it
      > is the monster of ideas and creation, then yes. But as long as the internet
      > is free, so is the monster. Our monster is not behind a walled garden, our
      > monster is constantly recreated with a great story, a camera and an
      > internet
      > connection. As long as that is true, and as long as we keep the
      > conversation
      > open, our monster is pretty bad ass."
      >

      > http://www.zadidiaz.com/home/2009/3/31/1st-annual-streamy-awards-once-in-a-lifetime.html
      >
      > And to think i almost posted something insulting! Zadi's post here changed
      > my mind.
      >
      > Cheers!
      >
      > Sull

      Jeffrey Taylor
      912 Cole St, #349
      San Francisco, CA 94117
      USA
      Mobile: +14157281264
      Fax: +33177722734
      http://twitter.com/jeffreytaylor
      http://organicconversations.com

    • Rupert
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
        Yeah, but the first version was funnier.

      • Jan McLaughlin
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
          Point, Rupert. Point.

          [Wild giggles]

          Jan

          Jan McLaughlin
          Production Sound Mixer
          air = 862-571-5334
          aim = janofsound
          skype = janmclaughlin

          On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

          > Yeah, but the first version was funnier.
          >
          > On 1-Apr-09, at 8:18 AM, Jeffrey Taylor wrote:
          >
          > > Oops. last sentence should read:
          > >
          > > If we want more independents like Zadi and Steve to be recognized
          > > for their
          > > exemplary work, I think we're going to have to concentrate more on
          > > where we
          > > agree than on partisan rancor.
          > >
          > > 2009/4/1 Jeffrey Taylor <thejeffreytaylor@...>
          > >
          > > > The Streamys were far from perfect, but there were as many steps
          > > in the
          > > > right direction as there were in the same or wrong direction. If
          > > we want
          > > > more independents like Zadi and Steve to be recognized for their
          > > exemplary
          > > > work, I think we're going to have to concentrate more on where we
          > > create
          > > > partisan rancor.
          > > >
          > > > 2009/3/31 Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...>
          > > >
          > > > "Are we recreating the Hollywood monster? Well, if the monster is a
          > > over, if
          > > garden, our
          > > >>

          > http://www.zadidiaz.com/home/2009/3/31/1st-annual-streamy-awards-once-in-a-lifetime.html

          > > here changed

          > > > Jeffrey Taylor
          > > > 912 Cole St, #349
          > > > San Francisco, CA 94117
          > > > USA
          > > > Mobile: +14157281264
          > > > Fax: +33177722734
          > > > http://twitter.com/jeffreytaylor
          > > > http://organicconversations.com
          > > >

          > > --
          > > Jeffrey Taylor
          > > 912 Cole St, #349
          > > San Francisco, CA 94117
          > > USA
          > > Mobile: +14157281264
          > > Fax: +33177722734
          > > http://twitter.com/jeffreytaylor
          > > http://organicconversations.com

        • Irina
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 8, 2009
            a very smart man said to me after the streamys --

            "you never know what you're gonna get on the internet"

            so of course hollywood award nights are always gonna be glam, fun, exclusive
            and expensive
            but who KNOWS what will actually happen with online video no matter how much
            money is thrown at it

            http://geekentertainment.tv